Jump to content

LineageOS, Current status : 16.0 Test Builds


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, JooJooBee666 said:

Are you going to push the changes to the repos any time soon?  I'd like to test here but build my own.

 

Shortly.  I'm working on fixing the device specific stuff right now.  Then I'll make a new release and push up the changes.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright it's officially official. Now we wait for the first build. I don't know what day that will be, but it will be within 7 days.   https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/commit/0233cb5e039e

I am pleased to announce test builds for LineageOS 16.0.   Please note this thread is for test builds.  These builds are not necessarily stable or suitable for daily use.   You can

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to pop in and give an update.   I live in Seattle, which has been under stay-at-home orders for over two weeks and will continue u

Posted Images

test18 is up.  The only changes are fixing device specific selinux rules (for eg. fingerprint, keyboard, touchscreen margins, etc.)

 

Again, this is on the verge of being submitted for official Lineage builds.  Please report any issues.

 

Also pushed up code changes to github.

 

Enjoy!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done a fresh installation (Full wipe and flashing of .img and .zip and gapps), but when I try to get through the setup wizard I'm stuck at setting up a WiFi connection. The connection is established, but the process doesn't continue. I can only skip, but then I get stuck at the next screen (copying apps and files) - regardless of what I select I get an error "Login not possible" ("Anmeldung nicht möglich")

This did work in test15.

Edited by SteffenWi
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SteffenWi said:

I've done a fresh installation (Full wipe and flashing of .img and .zip and gapps), but when I try to get through the setup wizard I'm stuck at setting up a WiFi connection. The connection is established, but the process doesn't continue. I can only skip, but then I get stuck at the next screen (copying apps and files) - regardless of what I select I get an error "Login not possible" ("Anmeldung nicht möglich")

This did work in test15.

 

Okay thanks.  There may be something in selinux that is preventing it.  We have two options: I can try to reproduce it here, or you can download a permissive boot image to try.  Which do you prefer?

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tdm said:

 

Okay thanks.  There may be something in selinux that is preventing it.  We have two options: I can try to reproduce it here, or you can download a permissive boot image to try.  Which do you prefer?

 

You can change the selinux mode without flashing a new image afaik:

SELinuxModeChanger (Set SELinux mode on boot) - https://f-droid.org/app/com.mrbimc.selinux

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Installed Test 18. During boot after install it says "app keeps stopping" on the "Trebuchet". But it started non the less.

ADD: Arrows works again 🙂

Both nova and trebuchet worked for me.  Can you get a log?  Anyone else having issues?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SteffenWi said:

I'd try that but ...if I get to the part where I can install apks and change settings in them, I'm well past the wizard ;).

 

@tdm I'd be ok with the permissive boot image.

 

http://files.nwwn.com/android/pro1/lineage-16.0-pro1-test18-boot-permissive.img

 

Just flash this with fastboot and see if the setup wizard can connect to wifi.

 

Thanks!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tdm said:

 

http://files.nwwn.com/android/pro1/lineage-16.0-pro1-test18-boot-permissive.img

 

Just flash this with fastboot and see if the setup wizard can connect to wifi.

 

Thanks!

 

Just for clarification: The wizard does connect to WiFi, but it doesn't proceed after the connection is established. Thanks for uploading the image, will try it tomorrow!

 

Edited by SteffenWi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SteffenWi said:

I've done a fresh installation (Full wipe and flashing of .img and .zip and gapps), but when I try to get through the setup wizard I'm stuck at setting up a WiFi connection. The connection is established, but the process doesn't continue. I can only skip, but then I get stuck at the next screen (copying apps and files) - regardless of what I select I get an error "Login not possible" ("Anmeldung nicht möglich")

This did work in test15.

Could not confirm here. At first just flashed test18 over test17, but then rebooted to recovery, Wipe data / factory reset, sideloaded test18 to another slot, booted to initial setup and it passed the wifi setup with no problems (no sim card)  and internet connection was present (time was updated). However - no gapps here.

Edited by acrux
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started the process of making this official.  Someone took the time to actually review the device stuff, so I am fixing that now.  Should have a mostly final build in the next day or two.  I also need to create lineage wiki pages for the device which is always a couple hours of fun tracking down the device specs, finding a sample picture, writing instructions, etc.

 

  • Thanks 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm wading through all the commits to bring 16.0 up to 17.1 and I found a bunch of VoLTE props that are missing in 16.0.  I probably removed those before I realized that VZW folks actually used VoLTE (the other major carrier that uses it is in India, which is probably why I removed those props).

 

I would find a VZW customer to work with to test VoLTE with these props set, but I should have a VZW SIM shortly anyway.

 

Long story short, looks like VoLTE will probably be working Real Soon Now.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@tdm sorry, was a bit busy today, finally managed to flash the permissive image. For the record, I flashed the permissive image, did a factory reset, flashed the v18 .zip file, rebooted into recovery mode, flashed the GApps zip, rebooted and got into the wizard. I skipped the SIM question, because I don't have a SIM in the device, then connected to WiFi and as soon as the connection was established, the wizard started searching for updates and after that continued on as expected.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SteffenWi said:

@tdm sorry, was a bit busy today, finally managed to flash the permissive image. For the record, I flashed the permissive image, did a factory reset, flashed the v18 .zip file, rebooted into recovery mode, flashed the GApps zip, rebooted and got into the wizard. I skipped the SIM question, because I don't have a SIM in the device, then connected to WiFi and as soon as the connection was established, the wizard started searching for updates and after that continued on as expected.

 

Great, thank you.  So you are confirming that the WiFi in the setup wizard does not work in enforcing, but it does work in permissive.  Is that correct?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SteffenWi said:

@tdm sorry, was a bit busy today, finally managed to flash the permissive image. For the record, I flashed the permissive image, did a factory reset, flashed the v18 .zip file, rebooted into recovery mode, flashed the GApps zip, rebooted and got into the wizard. I skipped the SIM question, because I don't have a SIM in the device, then connected to WiFi and as soon as the connection was established, the wizard started searching for updates and after that continued on as expected.

Shouldn't you flash the permissive image after you flash the test18 image? Currently it seems that you just proved, that there are no problems with test18 image and if there were any, they were resolved with factory reset? Of course, I could be totally wrong how I'm understanding the situation...

Edited by acrux
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms