Jump to content

LineageOS, Current status : 16.0 Test Builds


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, bmccrary said:

I've been off of here forever, mainly due to the fact it was depressing seeing all of the cool Lineage stuff and knowing I never could use it.  However, I really wanted my keyboard fixed, and decided to upgrade from the January firmware which required a complete wipe in my case, and was amazed to see Verizon was working!!  🤩 So I flashed the test21 last night to try it out.  I'm sorry to say my results haven't been as good.  While it did work the first boot, as it always did in the past, it seems after a good full power off it doesn't work anymore.  I did install the addonsu and used Titanium to install some user apps but did not restore any system apps or settings.  I still have data but for voice it's "Emergency calls only" and the IMS status shows unregistered and everything is "unavailable."  What's kind of weird is the Wifi and mobile radios go off about every 30 secs and then turn back on and the Radio power (forget the exact name off hand) toggle switch even goes to off and then back on when this happens.  If there's any ideas I can try I'm up for it! 

A good first start would be to get a normal logcat (adb logcat > log.txt) and a radio logcat (adb logcat -b radio > radiolog.txt).

 

Anyone else on VZW with experiences to share?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright it's officially official. Now we wait for the first build. I don't know what day that will be, but it will be within 7 days.   https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/commit/0233cb5e039e

I am pleased to announce test builds for LineageOS 16.0.   Please note this thread is for test builds.  These builds are not necessarily stable or suitable for daily use.   You can

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to pop in and give an update.   I live in Seattle, which has been under stay-at-home orders for over two weeks and will continue u

Posted Images

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

I would suggest to wipe and retry, and then try it without the restore for a short while, to see if it is stable. And then try to restore in small bits to try to pinpoint what somehow interferes with the system and makes it unstable/

I just put the factory image back on and paid attention to the fact the original 20191028 image behaves exactly the same as Lineage, however updating to the 20191111 build fixes the problem.  I just wonder if something needs to be added from that build to Lineage, although I know it has way more updated vendor and modem images.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tdm said:

Anyone else on VZW with experiences to share?

I've mostly already shared this with @tdm, but for whatever reason, when I got my sim back, Verizon just doesn't work.  I tried with both test20 and test21.  Everything seems to be set right and the phone knows it has a Verizon sim, but when I try to call it fails to find the network.  Assuming there are no real hardware differences between tdm's Pro 1 and mine, I have to assume there is another variable at work here and not a problem with what tdm did to set up Lineage.  With Verizon shutting down CDMA and expanding LTE at different rates in different places, maybe tdm's network is different from mine, but this is beyond my knowledge.  I have returned to AT&T for now (which is fine)  and will await input from other folks with Verizon and lineage.  It's hard to troubleshoot by sending a sim back and forth across the country. 😄

Thanks all the same, @tdm I think the problem is at my end.

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hook said:

I've mostly already shared this with @tdm, but for whatever reason, when I got my sim back, Verizon just doesn't work.  I tried with both test20 and test21.  Everything seems to be set right and the phone knows it has a Verizon sim, but when I try to call it fails to find the network.  Assuming there are no real hardware differences between tdm's Pro 1 and mine, I have to assume there is another variable at work here and not a problem with what tdm did to set up Lineage.  With Verizon shutting down CDMA and expanding LTE at different rates in different places, maybe tdm's network is different from mine, but this is beyond my knowledge.  I have returned to AT&T for now (which is fine)  and will await input from other folks with Verizon and lineage.  It's hard to troubleshoot by sending a sim back and forth across the country. 😄

Thanks all the same, @tdm I think the problem is at my end.

Mine looks fine too if it's on LTE/CDMA, until you actually try to make/receive a call.  It shows the phone network as "1x RTT" but I'm quite sure Verizon never authorized the phone to work on CDMA at all so I guess that's why it then fails.  I always have had to run mine in "LTE Only" on the stock ROM to make it work correctly.  On the stock ROM, as soon as I flip the VoLTE switch the voice goes to "In service."  I tried disabling the persist in the Lineage ROM so the switch was flippable, but toggling it didn't make a difference.

@tdmI can still send you a Verizon SIM you can have if you would want, although I know there's way more important things!

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tdm said:

test21 is up.  Changes:

* Update blobs and string to stock 2020-07-07.

* Switch back to custom livedisplay implementation.

* Import changes from Ethan Chen (thanks to Nolen for doing this).

 

Note the changes from Ethan are too extensive to enumerate in a few lines.  There are some cool performance improvements along with lots of under-the-covers cleanup.

 

@tdm Synced, rebuilt and installed again.  However, after the first sleep/screen off it would not come back on.  After another reboot, I'm now stuck at "Phone is starting....".  I've attached a logcat from the second boot.  I'm currently reinstalling the build from yesterday for now....or so I thought.  Apparently, I cannot downgrade as Lineage Recovery sees it has an older timestamp and wont let me.  I'm going to manually flash the system and vendor images from bootloader now.

Update: that's not working either, I can't get a good looking vendor.img extracted from the payload.bin.  Reverting commits and rebuilding a newer zip so the stupid recovery doesn't bitch at me again.

Update 2:  Back up and running after reverting and reinstalling.

failed.log

Edited by JooJooBee666
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JooJooBee666 said:

@tdm Synced, rebuilt and installed again.  However, after the first sleep/screen off it would not come back on.  After another reboot, I'm now stuck at "Phone is starting....".  I've attached a logcat from the second boot.  I'm currently reinstalling the build from yesterday for now....or so I thought.  Apparently, I cannot downgrade as Lineage Recovery sees it has an older timestamp and wont let me.  I'm going to manually flash the system and vendor images from bootloader now.

Update: that's not working either, I can't get a good looking vendor.img extracted from the payload.bin.  Reverting commits and rebuilding a newer zip so the stupid recovery doesn't bitch at me again.

failed.log 985.78 kB · 0 downloads

Sounds like the livedisplay manifest issue.  Make sure you sync to test21 and you don't have a framework_manifest.xml file in your device tree.

 

EDIT: Yup, looking through your log...

 

07-14 11:07:49.126   601   601 W hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IAdaptiveBacklight/default in either framework or device manifest.
07-14 11:07:49.126   601   601 W hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IColorEnhancement/default in either framework or device manifest.
07-14 11:07:49.127   601   601 W hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IAutoContrast/default in either framework or device manifest.
07-14 11:07:49.127   601   601 W hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry [email protected]::IDisplayColorCalibration/default in either framework or device manifest.

 

 

... and later ...

 

07-14 11:07:51.118  5206  5206 W init    : type=1400 audit(0.0:108): avc: denied { execute_no_trans } for path="/system/bin/hw/[email protected]_msm8998" dev="sda7" ino=1868 scontext=u:r:init:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:system_file:s0 tclass=file permissive=0

 

EDIT2: Also, if you want to test the code going into the official trees, @npjohnson is doing all the work of integrating/merging my stuff and Ethan's stuff.  He is keeping a branch named lineage-16.0-merge for all three trees that is probably going to be the one copied into Lineage.  His github username is (surprise!) npjohnson.

 

Edited by tdm
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, tdm said:

Sounds like the livedisplay manifest issue.  Make sure you sync to test21 and you don't have a framework_manifest.xml file in your device tree.

I did a repo sync --force-sync before building today.  In my roomservice.xml:

  <project name="tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1" path="device/fxtec/pro1" remote="github" />
  <project name="tdm/proprietary_vendor_fxtec" path="vendor/fxtec" remote="github" />
  <project name="tdm/android_kernel_fxtec_msm8998" path="kernel/fxtec/msm8998" remote="github" />

Maybe it's possible that the rebuild didn't clean old framework_manifest.xml out and deleting the system and vendor folder in out before rebuilding again would resolve?

Edited by JooJooBee666
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JooJooBee666 said:

I did a repo sync --force-sync before building today.  In my roomservice.xml:

  <project name="tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1" path="device/fxtec/pro1" remote="github" />
  <project name="tdm/proprietary_vendor_fxtec" path="vendor/fxtec" remote="github" />
  <project name="tdm/android_kernel_fxtec_msm8998" path="kernel/fxtec/msm8998" remote="github" />

Maybe it's possible that the rebuild didn't clean old framework_manifest.xml out and deleting the system and vendor folder in out before rebuilding again would resolve?

 

I am pretty sure that building does not automatically clean files.  So you should probably delete your out/target/product/pro1/{root,system,vendor} first.  Then sync up again .. I think I neglected to update my lineage-16.0 branch yesterday.  But it's definitely up to date now.

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tdm said:

 

I am pretty sure that building does not automatically clean files.  So you should probably delete your out/target/product/pro1/{root,system,vendor} first.  Then sync up again .. I think I neglected to update my lineage-16.0 branch yesterday.  But it's definitely up to date now.

 

Already started that by the time you replied as I had a feeling it had to be something with that with all the changes from last night.  Forced another sync just in case, rebuilt and installed, now it hangs on the linage boot animation, adb not connecting at this point either.  Grrr...

Edited by JooJooBee666
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JooJooBee666 said:

Already started that by the time you replied as I had a feeling it had to be something with that with all the changes from last night.  Forced another sync just in case, rebuilt and installed, now it hangs on the linage boot animation, adb not connecting at this point either.  Grrr...

 

I haven't seen it hang on bootanim in months.  Nolen did commit a couple of changes since test21 was cut, maybe those are causing it?

 

I noticed the adb thing also.  Ethan's init stuff must have caused it.  Very frustrating for tracking down issues.  I'll have to fix it soon.

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tdm said:

 

I haven't seen it hang on bootanim in months.  Nolen did commit a couple of changes since test21 was cut, maybe those are causing it?

 

I noticed the adb thing also.  Ethan's init stuff must have caused it.  Very frustrating for tracking down issues.  I'll have to fix it soon.

 

Ok, well I'm going to do a full make clean and try again.  This time, I didnt accidentally flash the broken zip to both slots so I was able to change my active slot to the other and get right back up.

I'm going to try this one last time but it will be about 1.5hrs with the make clean and all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Test21 seems to be a little TOO aggressive on the power save, When left idle it decouples the WiFi so check for mail and the like is not performed.

When unlocking you can see that the WiFi icon is not there, and only appears after a short while.

If you immediately after unlock open something that uses the net (say Android Market) it reports "No internet", but clicking retry and it will work once it has reconnected.

This aggressive option can be very nice for special use cases, like when the battery is close to depletion, or when you need an extra long stamina for say a trip. But I think it will be a nuisance for most users in daily use, so it should not be default ON.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JooJooBee666 said:

@tdm Still b0rked after a make clean. 😢

Which commit should checkout on the device tree?

Sorry, maybe you should wait for things to settle.  I just finished finalizing the trees and Nolen is importing them to Lineage now.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Test21 seems to be a little TOO aggressive on the power save, When left idle it decouples the WiFi so check for mail and the like is not performed.

When unlocking you can see that the WiFi icon is not there, and only appears after a short while.

If you immediately after unlock open something that uses the net (say Android Market) it reports "No internet", but clicking retry and it will work once it has reconnected.

This aggressive option can be very nice for special use cases, like when the battery is close to depletion, or when you need an extra long stamina for say a trip. But I think it will be a nuisance for most users in daily use, so it should not be default ON.

Thanks I'll take a look shortly.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so I got all the code cleaned up reasonably well and all my tests checked out.  So Nolen is currently importing everything into Lineage as I write this.  It should be done shortly, and then I will add the pro1 to the list of official Lineage 16.0 builds.  I'm not sure exactly which day the first official build will roll out.

 

After all of that is done, I should probably create a discussion thread for official Lineage 16.0, and of course I'll be immediately starting work on 17.1.  That should hopefully only take a few days, and then I can do a short testing period before switching official builds over.

 

@JooJooBee666 adb started working at boot after I wiped, so maybe try that?  I didn't investigate further.

 

  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tdm said:

 

@JooJooBee666 adb started working at boot after I wiped, so maybe try that?  I didn't investigate further.

 

@tdm Wiping is not really an option I wish to partake in at the moment.  I would need to redo like 20 accounts with MFA tied to the device, work related and I'd need to back up all my save games, browser data, etc.  I'll just wait until the changes settle and rebuild again then.  Just let me know once it's safe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tdm said:

After all of that is done, I should probably create a discussion thread for official Lineage 16.0, and of course I'll be immediately starting work on 17.1. 

Trying not to be too persistent, but what about the issues you've marked as enhancements?   I've been anxiously waiting, but hope you don't start working on 17.1 before addressing some of them...

In particular I'm most interested in:

Launch Camera when locked: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/55

Missing Keyboard Settings: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/53

Ability to Remap right slant arrow: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/36

and second most interested in

Disable/ignore keyboard when slider closed: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/31

and wouldn't mind:

Ability to turn off keyboard backlight without extra app: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/32

 

Edited by Craig
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Craig said:

Trying not to be too persistent, but what about the issues you've marked as enhancements?   I've been anxiously waiting, but hope you don't start working on 17.1 before addressing some of them...

In particular I'm most interested in:

Launch Camera when locked: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/55

Missing Keyboard Settings: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/53

Ability to Remap right slant arrow: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/36

and second most interested in

Disable/ignore keyboard when slider closed: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/31

and wouldn't mind:

Ability to turn off keyboard backlight without extra app: https://github.com/tdm/android_device_fxtec_pro1/issues/32

 

I'll be going over the issue list. I think Nolen is going to do 17.1 actually.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tdm said:

Thanks I'll take a look shortly.

Despite the more aggressive power management, to my surprise the Test21 is substantially MORE power-hungry than Test20?!? see below from 3C All-in-one toolbox. (It looks similar on the rooted) - note also the x on the WiFi, Mobile data,  the screen dump is taken shortly after unlocking with fingerprint.
Roughly at ratio 7:4 or a factor 175%

And no, there aren't additional stuff running. I checked with Greenify and Android Assistant and only a few user and system apps I explicitly have white-listed are running

LieneageTest20vs21.png

  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of disconnects/reconnects with my WiFi as well. It's even happening while watching a YouTube video. Could this also be aggressive switching between 2.4 and 5GHz?

Edit: I'm also getting a message to please disable airplane mode on my first call attempt after waking my phone.

Edited by Wheeljack
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to go over Ethan's changes today. My first thought is to remove all the power related changes and just take the cleanup changes until we test more thoroughly. I'll post later after I discuss with him.

  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms