Jump to content
Erik

On the production status and delivery

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

That was kinda your whole argument, that the order page said something that apparently you don't remember 100% completely. I see no reason to believe the order page made any mention of earbuds with your pre-order when you ordered then. So, fully fair. No reason to expect something you didn't order.

Oh remember 100% but I have no proof so no sense in arguing it.  No proof on the other side of the argument either except a forum post.  Agree to disagree.  

Edit:. And for the record, there's plenty more to complain about that I can prove such as my order saying shipping is included and now people are paying more shipping to get it to themselves. 

Also, you just proved with your link that Waxberry extended it for a while as of June 19th.  Show me where and when they changed their minds again after that. 

Edited by Siani_8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

Show me where and when they changed their minds again after that. 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zamasu said:

Why?

Because Waxberry is an official source and if he says it's extended for a while on June 19 and I order July 12 then I fall under that bracket and qualify for earbuds unless another official statement after June 19 but before July 12 says otherwise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siani_8 said:

Because Waxberry is an official source and if he says it's extended for a while on June 19 and I order July 12 then I fall under that bracket and qualify for earbuds unless another official statement after June 19 but before July 12 says otherwise.  

No, that's not how logic works. Just because it's extended doesn't mean it's extended until further notice, or that there's no end date. A while might've been 1 second and it would've been technically correct.

You ordered something that didn't mention you'd get earbuds, and you're not getting earbuds, nothing wrong with this. I'm not just going to believe you when it doesn't line up with pretty much everything else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

Because Waxberry is an official source and if he says it's extended for a while on June 19 and I order July 12 then I fall under that bracket and qualify for earbuds unless another official statement after June 19 but before July 12 says otherwise.  

And on June 19 it said " Limited offer. Extended for one more week" (see this) so that would put the end a while later, not a month later, and hence not July 12. And yes it was unclear from when that week was counted. June 17?  June 18? June 19?. So sometimes late June, or if they were very kind stretched to early July, not mid July.

Maybe someone ordering around late June early July can tell if their order was with the Earphones? As we do not seem to have saved info on the exact cut.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

And on June 19 it said " Limited offer. Extended for one more week" (see this) so that would put the end a while later, not a month later, and hence not July 12. And yes it was unclear from when that week was counted. June 17?  June 18? June 19?. So sometimes late June, or if they were very kind stretched to early July, not mid July.

Maybe someone ordering around late June early July can tell if their order was with the Earphones? As we do not seem to have saved info on the exact cut.

Even if that information by a forum member and not an official source is accurate, Waxberry superceded that info by saying that they've decided to extend it for a while period.  We all know that the site has been before and still inaccurate but when the guy running the company makes a direct statement we should believe that correct?  

The exact date of the cut ended up being June 24th but that wasn't stated until months later by Erik.  So no, saying they decided to extend it for a while on June 19th and then making the cut later on to 5 days later still seems shady though I suppose we could debate what Waxberry meant by a while but if he was just clear or updated us after that point there would be no debate.  That's just how this company operates.  They put out one thing on the site, say something different in the forums, give even different answers in emails and then sometimes end up doing things that didn't match any of the provided info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zamasu said:

No, that's not how logic works. Just because it's extended doesn't mean it's extended until further notice, or that there's no end date. A while might've been 1 second and it would've been technically correct.

You ordered something that didn't mention you'd get earbuds, and you're not getting earbuds, nothing wrong with this. I'm not just going to believe you when it doesn't line up with pretty much everything else.

A while doesn't mean 1 second by anyone's reasonable definition of the word.  However, at that point, saying we've decided to extend it for a while, it is reasonable to assume the offer still stands until they decide to end it which at particular point in time, he left it open.  No other info about when it actually stopped until months later when Erik posted with a June 24th date. 

So yes, what I saw on the site on July 12 lines up with what Waxberry said on June 19 and you can't prove otherwise with any dated pics of the site so believe what you want. 

Edit:. FYI this conversation actually turned me off of the whole experience.  They can keep the cheap earbuds, I'm gonna keep my money and request a refund.  Peace.  

Edited by Siani_8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

Even if that information by a forum member and not an official source is accurate, Waxberry superceded that info by saying that they've decided to extend it for a while period.  We all know that the site has been before and still inaccurate but when the guy running the company makes a direct statement we should believe that correct?  

The exact date of the cut ended up being June 24th but that wasn't stated until months later by Erik.  So no, saying they decided to extend it for a while on June 19th and then making the cut later on to 5 days later still seems shady though I suppose we could debate what Waxberry meant by a while but if he was just clear or updated us after that point there would be no debate.  That's just how this company operates.  They put out one thing on the site, say something different in the forums, give even different answers in emails and then sometimes end up doing things that didn't match any of the provided info. 

It is just in your personal interpretation that it "superseded" anything...

On 6/19/2019 at 6:59 PM, Waxberry said:

The offer is still valid. We decided to extend it for a while. 🙂

It could just as well be read as a confirmation, that indeed it had been extended, compared to the original stop that was noticed June 17th.

 

But certainly I agree that more clear communication would have been better, also in this case.

And things get more muddy as 17th and 19th are just a few days after they showcased the earphones on twitter June 14th, where it would have been a perfect opportunity to say to us that it was close to last chance to get them free with the pre-orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

A while doesn't mean 1 second by anyone's reasonable definition of the word.  However, at that point, saying we've decided to extend it for a while, it is reasonable to assume the offer still stands until they decide to end it which at particular point in time, he left it open.  No other info about when it actually stopped until months later when Erik posted with a June 24th date. 

So yes, what I saw on the site on July 12 lines up with what Waxberry said on June 19 and you can't prove otherwise with any dated pics of the site so believe what you want. 

Edit:. FYI this conversation actually turned me off of the whole experience.  They can keep the cheap earbuds, I'm gonna keep my money and request a refund.  Peace.  

So if someone says to you it take "a while" to fix your car, you expect that to mean at the least four weeks? If so I can please you that the Pro1 is only a while delayed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

So if someone says to you it take "a while" to fix your car, you expect that to mean at the least four weeks? If so I can please you that the Pro1 only is a while delayed...

I wouldn't say that if someone said it's gonna take a while to fix my car to mean four weeks though it could mean that.  I definitely wouldn't take it to mean 1 second.  I would need more information or clarification on the matter to make a reasonable determination.  In the case of the phone and earbuds it would be reasonable to assume that as long as it's still in pre-order, that a while could reasonably be extending until ready to start mass production or at a specific date mentioned later by Waxberry or an official source which never was posted until months after the June 24th date passed.  Even if we go by what it supposedly said on the site on June 18 about extending it a week, June 24 fell short of that posted info as well.  

My request for refund is in.  If it's really that important to them and other forum members to defend these decisions to keep the $20 earbuds then on principle I'm choosing to keep my $700+ now.  I guess the days of good customer service are over because at this point, I feel it should have been part of the order just because they clearly stated orders would be handled by payment date which turned out to not be true for the US base or just the delays in general really.  I don't even have a ship date to look forward to anymore.  With all that has happened in the last 7 months since paying, even if out of their control, it's still the little things that could keep customers happy instead of losing the sale.  I'm just one voice among many but this is how I feel now so maybe me canceling will help future customers to be treated with a little more respect. 

 

And for the record, I had the order page tab open on my computer for weeks before I had the money to order so it's entirely possible that I was not wrong and still did see the ALL pre-orders message on a page not refreshed.  Just trying to give the benefit of the doubt but that still doesn't change the fact that they backpedaled on that offer to begin with. 

Edited by Siani_8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

However, at that point, saying we've decided to extend it for a while, it is reasonable to assume the offer still stands until they decide to end it which at particular point in time, he left it open. 

Also reasonable to expect it to last until it's no longer mentioned, but here we are.

3 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

Edit:. FYI this conversation actually turned me off of the whole experience.  They can keep the cheap earbuds, I'm gonna keep my money and request a refund.  Peace.  

Kinda weird, I don't have anything to do with the company. Don't see how this should affect anything with your order, but considering you've already cancelled once I don't think this is a real issue.

2 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

If it's really that important to ... other forum members to defend these decisions to keep the $20 earbuds

You seem to misread me here, I just hate it when people are misrepresenting facts or arguing with plain old fallacies. They could've handled that better, probably, I didn't follow it too closely because I don't care about those earbuds.

2 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

And for the record, I had the order page tab open on my computer for weeks before I had the money to order so it's entirely possible that I was not wrong and still did see the ALL pre-orders message on a page not refreshed.

That could explain it. Not sure how that would work legally then though, if you refuse to update a page with changed terms on an order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any update on the factory situation? Last time we were told some workers might return to work at the beginning of this week..but we are almost at the end of the week and I guess nothing happened...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Situation in China is still heavy: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

(Greenland still seems to be unaffected, so there is hope)

Even Nintendo and other Smartphone companies have or will sooner or later get issues.

I would not expect the phone in the very near future.

Edited by __fastcall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, __fastcall said:

Situation in China is still heavy: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

(Greenland still seems to be unaffected, so there is hope)

Even Nintendo and other Smartphone companies have or will sooner or later get issues.

I would not expect the phone in the very near future.

Also local PCB manufacturers have problems sourcing materials and I have heard news about car factories are going to have problems in sourcing parts because of the virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, __fastcall said:

Situation in China is still heavy: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

(Greenland still seems to be unaffected, so there is hope)

Even Nintendo and other Smartphone companies have or will sooner or later get issues.

I would not expect the phone in the very near future.

Well Apple is already moving the earpods production to taiwan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, __fastcall said:

Situation in China is still heavy: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

(Greenland still seems to be unaffected, so there is hope)

Even Nintendo and other Smartphone companies have or will sooner or later get issues.

I would not expect the phone in the very near future.

Damn that looks bad. This will probably mess up everything eventually price wise. (and I just wanted to build a new PC too...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, patrykgrzesiak said:

My Pro1 has never reached me 😞

I called FedEx and they informed me that it was returned to Hongkong from Warsaw without even reaching my city.

Too bad.... Contact support, If you not already did. There is no guarantee that they read all in here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, __fastcall said:

Situation in China is still heavy: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

(Greenland still seems to be unaffected, so there is hope)

Even Nintendo and other Smartphone companies have or will sooner or later get issues.

I would not expect the phone in the very near future.

The good news we can read from that link ist that the infection rate has already decelerated and continues to do so, so this epidemic's peak should be reached soon...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice timely update about the virus affecting the factory:

Quote

Hello,

 

We have now been informed that our factory has reopened following the last few weeks of disruption and uncertainty. As per our previous email, workers choice to return to the work is at their own discretion, and as it stands there aren’t enough people for us to begin production again. Rightly so, many people are still concerned about the coronavirus and are being overly cautious with regards to travelling and going back to work. We are also waiting for confirmation on a components delivery from our suppliers, which is similarly dependant on workers returning to work. 

Therefore despite the factory being open, production is pending until further notice. We are aware that this might not be the news you were hoping for, but i'm sure you will agree that this is still progress and we hope to be able to continue manufacturing and shipping all remaining customer orders from next week.

Thank you once again for your continued support and patience. 

If you have any questions about the matter, please get in touch with [email protected]

Sincerely,  

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

 

  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate people posting these updates as either I've fallen off the email list or people who have received their phones no longer get updates.  Lol.  I may have my phone, but I'm still interested in what is happening and want to see everyone get their phones. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Well Apple is already moving the earpods production to taiwan

crApple finally did something smart. :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hook said:

I appreciate people posting these updates as either I've fallen off the email list or people who have received their phones no longer get updates.  Lol.  I may have my phone, but I'm still interested in what is happening and want to see everyone get their phones. 

I haven't got my phone yet but I am not getting updates for quite some time now lol. The last one I properly got was the Christmas one..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

I haven't got my phone yet but I am not getting updates for quite some time now lol. The last one I properly got was the Christmas one..

At least you know where to find the info, thanks to the great people here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see I get some records on the mail server rejecting mails from them with an "SPF fail" I have reported it to them, but have not received anything back.

I do not know how many of their mails are affected, but if you have access to the mail servers log, you might check for some from a fxtec.com subdomain, and if so those could be the missing mails...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms