Jump to content
Erik

On the production status and delivery

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, cboehm91 said:

What is the deal with the order numbers if there are only <3000 orders? My order number is in the thirty thousand range.

I'm kind of not trusting I'll have mine anytime soon since I guess I was a later preorder (August)

they are not sequential

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The numbers are from preorder allocation. If someone before you cancels, you don't automatically get their number, it stays a cancelled order number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, belletrist said:

The numbers are from preorder allocation. If someone before you cancels, you don't automatically get their number, it stays a cancelled order number.

If that's true, that means there must have been at least 30,000 orders including some that have been canceled. I feel like maybe that doesn't fully explain the order numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe every number in the sequence is used.  They are sequential, not random, but I think there are large jumps in the numbering.  I don't know how many of the 30,000 numbers aren't used, but I would find it easy to believe only 1 in 10 numbers are used.

Edited by Hook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cboehm91 said:

If that's true, that means there must have been at least 30,000 orders including some that have been canceled. I feel like maybe that doesn't fully explain the order numbers. 

I think whenever someone has put a Pro1 in the cart, the number is used. This could have been done to check tax or shipping before actually being ready to do an order - I frequently do that on other sites as this is often the easiest way to get accurate pricing all inclusive. I especially do it if I'm visiting a page with a language I don't/hardly can understand. Bought something on a Japanese site with this method and with Google translate of texts once...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hook said:

I don't believe every number in the sequence is used.  They are sequential, not random, but I think there are large jumps in the numbering.  I don't know how many of the 30,000 numbers aren't used, but I would find it easy to believe only 1 in 10 numbers are used.

I doubt it, I got (forcibly-cancelled) orders ending very close on xx563, xx566 and xx568 (Orders attempted stored to have some at the old pre-order price).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Erik said:

That is still the case, correct, but there aren't enough units in the first batch for all of the backers. The coming second batch will cover all IGG backers + most normal pre-orders, potentially all because we plan to be in general availability before Christmas.

Can we get a locked thread with updates only? I'm tired of slogging through these threads just to find updates

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many of us are having FOMO and tracking ID envy so I think we're trying to count the number of devices shipped, batch size, order number, and somehow tell our fortunes.

Thus we post and crowd this thread. They should make an official thread that is locked to FXTEC just for updates. This thread can be the discussion thread. Thus no one would have to read it for an update but folks are free to discuss.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

Can we get a locked thread with updates only? I'm tired of slogging through these threads just to find updates

 

Just now, windraver said:

Too many of us are having FOMO and tracking ID envy so I think we're trying to count the number of devices shipped, batch size, order number, and somehow tell our fortunes.

Thus we post and crowd this thread. They should make an official thread that is locked to FXTEC just for updates. This thread can be the discussion thread. Thus no one would have to read it for an update but folks are free to discuss.

There is nobody posting official Updates in this Forum at all. So what do you expect from a locked thread?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

 

There is nobody posting official Updates in this Forum at all. So what do you expect from a locked thread?

To be honest, no expectations haha. Having expectations for any hardware is a key to disappointment. With a background in Project management and running businesses myself, I just know its hard so I assume the worst and take any updates as happily. As long as there are some few updates here and there and their commitment is still there then I will continue onward. If they disappear or actually say they're going to not do what they committed then that is when I come back with a pitchfork. Otherwise, its just a suggestion since someone suggested a thread lock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

There is nobody posting official Updates in this Forum at all. So what do you expect from a locked thread?

I was going to say similar. The reason some folk are getting a bit obsessive about order numbers and batches is because there's no information from FXtec.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

Is this still supposed to follow right after this first batch? The size differences between the two batches must be massive. Let's be honest, you probably did not make the first one this small when you could've shipped something twice the size a week or so later. This does not add up at all.
This is assuming you handle batches as batches, with no intermediate shipments of parts of a batch (which wouldn't be one batch). It doesn't sound like a great idea to have the next shipment be a big one, at least from the waiting end. There are likely financial incentives to do it this way, though.

It also still leaves a bit of bitterness to be lumped in with the almost all normal pre-orders after being repeatedly assured to be getting one of the first devices with the coupon. It's still one of the first devices in a way, but it also doesn't matter if the difference is just having your box being put in back of the delivery truck instead. Not that I wish anyone to get their device even later, but you get the idea.

According to previous mails written to the support and probably forum posts too, the initial plan was to send out small batches consecutively. They were going to be sent with only a few days of difference.

I guess that plan was cancelled and they gather up devices instead to send them out all at once in mid-november. This makes sense logistically, financially and it probably even saves time since they can focus on the production of units.

Also, this decision may has a connection to the shopping event in China so no deviced get lost or extremely delayed.

 

We must not forget that the delays also cost FxTec money, but they can't just charge more from their pre-orders. It's definitely fair look out for more efficient solutions that help them to succeed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I doubt it, I got (forcibly-cancelled) orders ending very close on xx563, xx566 and xx568 (Orders attempted stored to have some at the old pre-order price).

I think there's also a possibility, that every cancellation also gets a number, in this case every cancelled potential order increases the number by 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I think whenever someone has put a Pro1 in the cart, the number is used. This could have been done to check tax or shipping before actually being ready to do an order - I frequently do that on other sites as this is often the easiest way to get accurate pricing all inclusive. I especially do it if I'm visiting a page with a language I don't/hardly can understand. Bought something on a Japanese site with this method and with Google translate of texts once...

This sounds most realistic to me. However I wonder where those "3000" orders came from. I really thought they were having around 20k orders?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to get concerned here...

My pre-order was placed on 09MAR2019...  #83xx

I got my payment request email on 31JUL2019

Paid $698.54 on 01AUG2019.

So, where does that place me in the queue?

Some of you seem to be complaining about order numbers in the 30000 range...

Just curious. 

My first good chance to show it off at our trade show has come and gone...  I expected to have it by 01OCT2019

Lots of people in my field would love something like this for remote network management...

--

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's based on purchase date and if your a IGG backer or not.  So order numbers don't really mean anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theory said:

Purchase date?  Pre-order date or paid date?

--

Date you paid for the device.  They mentioned this awhile back.

Edited by _DW_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

It's based on purchase date and if your a IGG backer or not.  So order numbers don't really mean anything.

Well it does within the groups of IGG-backers and non-IGG backers. As paying mails was sent out in that order, those with the lowest numbers thus had a higher chance to pay early, and thus be in front of each of the queues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anonim001 said:

 

I think there's also a possibility, that every cancellation also gets a number, in this case every cancelled potential order increases the number by 2. 

Well if they reserved number like that that, I could not have (had) two orders 3 numbers apart, and two others 2 apart... They were forcibly cancelled long after they were made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if it is based on payment date I should be seeing it soon...

Being 90+ days after I paid, I'm getting a bit antsy...

--

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding actual delivery: Over on twitter

Liangchen wrote that transport via plane is out of the question, which means everything is going on ships which, at least for EU customers, we are talking about delivery times > 3 weeks to the fullfilment center.

Fine by me. Would have been nice to get this information on the forums though.

What confuses me a bit is that he is saying that they don't have private warehouses, isn't a fullfilment center just a fancy word for a warehouse?

Edited by SteffenWi
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SteffenWi said:

Regarding actual delivery: Over on twitter

Liangchen wrote that transport via plane is out of the question, which means everything is going on ships which, at least for EU customers, we are talking about delivery times > 3 weeks to the fullfilment center.

Fine by me. Would have been nice to get this information on the forums though.

What confuses me a bit is that he is saying that they don't have private warehouses, isn't a fullfilment center just a fancy word for a warehouse?

No he said private airfreight is out of question. It still is sent by airfreight as far as we are informed!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

No he said private airfreight is out of question. It still is sent by airfreight as far as we are informed!

Airfreight indeed.

(We have enough of this conspiracy gibberish, without people misreading the information we do get)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms