Jump to content
Erik

On the production status

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

Anyone get tracking yet?

Every day is getting more painful. November starts tomorrow....

I doubt you will need to ask when it happens. ūüėČ

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

Anyone get tracking yet?

Every day is getting more painful. November starts tomorrow....

The shipment has most probs not cleared customs yet, let alone even reached the distribution ctrs. So it's likely 2B a couple of days yet B4 tracker emails go out.  And then only for the IGG peeps & a lucky few...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tim6263 said:

The shipment has most probs not cleared customs yet, let alone even reached the distribution ctrs. So it's likely 2B a couple of days yet B4 tracker emails go out.  And then only for the IGG peeps & a lucky few...

 

True for those of us in Europe and North America, but they also said some from this first batch would be going out direct from Hong Kong to Asia/Oceania, presumably the IGG backers and perhaps early payers.  So one might have expected by now to hear something from someone in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, China, Japan, India, etc....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone get tracking yet? Not me. 

For reference:

  • United States
  • Backed the¬†IGG Moto Mod
  • Preordered in March, based on the number, probably one of the first 100 orders.
  • Paid for the order on 7/31 within 20 minutes of receiving the email.

Based on the earlier messages, we're probably waiting for the devices to get to a US distribution center which will then do the actual "shipment tracking" work.

A question for Erik or Liangchen, how did you guys resolve the whole "tariff issue"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would actually suggest daily updates (except weekend since most companies don't work then) to prevent speculation and answer questions before they get asked. Also, numbers would be a great thing: batch size or if that is not possible the percentage of orders covered with the first batch.

This would make the whole process more transparent and more people would understand.

 

My personal reason looking numbers is, that Liangchen explained that one device would take 4-5 hours to assemble. This sounds realistic to me but given that there are ~50 workers (correct me if I'm wrong) in there, that would be a maximum of 100 devices per day. Since I've only seen 500 devices in a box so far, I'm not even sure if that is the right amount.

If they have 20.000 paid orders, it would cost 200 days to assemble all phones. Given they started two monthd ago (licensing, etc.), many of us would need to wait until Q2 next year to receive our phone.

That would be far from the assuring mails that we (up to regular orders) would get the device until mid-/end november and definitely until christmas.

 

So especially if a new "fxtec-only" thread will be made, PLEASE provide daily updates, even if you say the same every day (something is going to change each day).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric actually did say, that the first batch should cover MOST of the pre-orders, if not all of them. So, Eric, is this still true or did that change too? Or maybe You forgot to mention that it only concerns, for example, asian pre-orders?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, anonim001 said:

Eric actually did say, that the first batch should cover MOST of the pre-orders, if not all of them. So, Eric, is this still true or did that change too? Or maybe You forgot to mention that it only concerns, for example, asian pre-orders?

I am trying to get some news for you to share later today.

I don't, however, believe I've ever said that the first batch will cover most pre-orders. If I did, it's mistake and I apologise for it. What I am saying instead is that the second batch is much larger than the first one, and it will cover most pre-orders. The first batch is much smaller than the ones that will follow in mid-November.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Erik said:

I am trying to get some news for you to share later today.

I don't, however, believe I've ever said that the first batch will cover most pre-orders. If I did, it's mistake and I apologise for it. What I am saying instead is that the second batch is much larger than the first one, and it will cover most pre-orders. The first batch is much smaller than the ones that will follow in mid-November.

Then I guess I cannot get the phone until December.ūüėĘ

It has been delayed about half a year.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coincidentally, my Xperia X Compact running Sailfish died last night. Red blinking LED of the death. Websearches suggest a dead battery that is not charging up anymore.¬†No success with recovery mode or fastboot. I am back to stone age until I get the tracking number. ūüėܬ†It's funny how I thought I was at the apex of the pain while waiting for my Pro¬Ļ, and realized this morning that I was still far from it. ūüėĄ

Edited by matf
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kin9 said:

Then I guess I cannot get the phone until December.ūüėĘ

It has been delayed about half a year.

 

3 minutes ago, matf said:

Coincidentally, my Xperia X Compact running Sailfish died last night. Red blinking LED of the death. Websearches suggest a dead battery that is not charging up anymore.¬†No success with recovery mode or fastboot. I am back to stone age until I get the tracking number. ūüėܬ†It's funny how I thought I was at the apex of the pain while waiting for my Pro¬Ļ, and realize this morning that I was still far from it. ūüėĄ

I believe most of the pre-orders will be completed until the end of November. We really want to be in general availability in December, which we can't do before all pre-orders are fulfilled.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I hope that's some kind of a bad joke. Las month we read EXACTLY the same:

"The first batch of the Pro1 will be on it's way to our earliest orders in mid-October. We expect the majority, if not all pre-orders, to ship by the end ofOctober."

In September we also read the same thing. Please share with us the info how many devices have been sent - no personal details, locations nor another charades, just plain number.

I took my time to read Your posts regarding delivery dates and batches. You are right, You have never said that the first batch covers most of the pre-orders - at least I could not find it now, maybe I'll try again later. But what I found is for example information from 31st July that "we're now approaching themassproduction stage of the Pro1, shipping is expected to start by mid-September". On 4. October You wrote: "The first batch will deliver by the end of this month. We prioritise based on the 2 factors below:

 

1. Indiegogo Moto Mod backers

 

2. Order in which the payment was complete"

No information there about location criteria.

2. October:

we're also looking into a third fulfilment location -HongKong, it just hasn't been established yet while the UK and the US are ready to process our orders as soon as they arrive there.

This "looking into" became very quickly the base location for FX...

In September You wrote, that all pre-orders should be fulfilled latest until the end of October. You also wrote, that although the first batch is quite small, "the next batch which comes pretty muchimmediately after, should fulfil the majority of pre-orders that we have received. "

Please refer to that.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, anonim001 said:

Now I hope that's some kind of a bad joke. Las month we read EXACTLY the same:

"The first batch of the Pro1 will be on it's way to our earliest orders in mid-October. We expect the majority, if not all pre-orders, to ship by the end ofOctober."

In September we also read the same thing. Please share with us the info how many devices have been sent - no personal details, locations nor another charades, just plain number.

I took my time to read Your posts regarding delivery dates and batches. You are right, You have never said that the first batch covers most of the pre-orders - at least I could not find it now, maybe I'll try again later. But what I found is for example information from 31st July that "we're now approaching themassproduction stage of the Pro1, shipping is expected to start by mid-September". On 4. October You wrote: "The first batch will deliver by the end of this month. We prioritise based on the 2 factors below:

 

1. Indiegogo Moto Mod backers

 

2. Order in which the payment was complete"

No information there about location criteria.

2. October:

we're also looking into a third fulfilment location -HongKong, it just hasn't been established yet while the UK and the US are ready to process our orders as soon as they arrive there.

This "looking into" became very quickly the base location for FX...

In September You wrote, that all pre-orders should be fulfilled latest until the end of October. You also wrote, that although the first batch is quite small, "the next batch which comes pretty muchimmediately after, should fulfil the majority of pre-orders that we have received. "

Please refer to that.

"We expect the majority, if not all pre-orders, to ship by the end ofOctober." this update was provided before all of us saw the directors update mentioning the first batch will be shipped on the 29th of October. We understand this didn't go as we all wished. Since the update above, the information hasn't changed. Shipping began on the 29th as we promised - with more news to follow.

  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now let us all speak the following words:

It is only a fu***ing Phone. My life is still OK without a new Phone in November. I still have the same friends and all my followers on Insta without this new Phone.

Tonight I take my girl to a good restaurant WITHOUT any Phone and I try to talk with her. Talking not texting :D :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Erik said:

"We expect the majority, if not all pre-orders, to ship by the end ofOctober." this update was provided before all of us saw the directors update mentioning the first batch will be shipped on the 29th of October. We understand this didn't go as we all wished. Since the update above, the information hasn't changed. Shipping began on the 29th as we promised - with more news to follow.

So far nobody confirmed receiving the tracking number. Please share with us the numbers - how big the first batch is and how much devices have been sent. We all wait for it, it's a simple request.

If what You have written is true and the first devices were shipped on Tuesday, this should be already revealed, since shipping is the biggest success we're all waiting for since months.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Erik said:

Shipping began on the 29th as we promised - with more news to follow.

It might B seen as wrong interpretation of your wording, but you are talking to your customers - not Fx staff.¬† For us, we understand 'shipping' as Fx sending phones to us customers.¬† *not* factory shipping, with customs & international transport delays. ūüė™¬†

Nonetheless, I still only hope for my phone sometime this month...

Edited by Tim6263
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erik said:

 

I believe most of the pre-orders will be completed until the end of November. We really want to be in general availability in December, which we can't do before all pre-orders are fulfilled.

I see that you quoted me but no worries, I didn't mean to put pressure on you. Just wanted to ease my pain while waiting for my new toy by sharing how the impatience unexpectedly peaked higher than I thought it could. ūüėÜ

Edited by matf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tim6263 said:

It might B seen as wrong interpretation of your wording, but you are talking to your customers - not Fx staff.¬† For us, we understand 'shipping' as Fx sending phones to us customers.¬† *not* factory shipping, with customs & international transport delays. ūüė™¬†

Yes and no. A percentage of the first batch, proportional to how many orders we have in Asia has been shipped from our Hong Kong warehouse to customers at the same time stock left on it's way to our UK and US warehouses. This is a very small quantity, so the earliest I expect (and hope) people will share some pictures of arrived devices would be next week. 

I am here to give you as much information as I have at the minute :). I am waiting to hear more today for a tiny informal update later.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Erik said:

"We expect the majority, if not all pre-orders, to ship by the end ofOctober." this update was provided before all of us saw the directors update mentioning the first batch will be shipped on the 29th of October. We understand this didn't go as we all wished. Since the update above, the information hasn't changed. Shipping began on the 29th as we promised - with more news to follow.

Let me get this straight, is the only information you get on this topic the public available ones?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Let me get this straight, is the only information you get on this topic the public available ones?

That's the information we all have most of the time. As soon as there is anything significantly new and different you'd see an official directors update.

  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Erik said:

That's the information we all have most of the time. As soon as there is anything significantly new and different you'd see an official directors update.

Don't take this personally, but this just makes following Your updates pointless... I'm really surprised how little Your supervisors care about PR and their customers. I hope that at least You're getting good money for doing this.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Erik said:

That's the information we all have most of the time. As soon as there is anything significantly new and different you'd see an official directors update.

Thank you your messages.

Do you know if the shipments to EU / US have left customs in China (if so, when) and if they arrived near the fulfillment centres (if so, when) and if they left customs in destination country (if so, when)? When the batch arrives, how long may it take to ship them to customers (maybe expressed in days)?

So it would be good to know some of the progress, including delays if something has happened - knowing what happening is much more important for me than if I knew nothing, I (and others) are worrying if we may receive any updates (like shipping numbers) soon and if we would know the current state, we may know something is happening and what estimation can be for us to receive the device.

Anyway, I suggest you to consider doing these updates frequently for later batches when there are many pre-orderers are still waiting.
The approximate percentage of shipped pre-orders would be also very welcome for everybody (including others who still not ordered from you).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Erik said:

That's the information we all have most of the time. As soon as there is anything significantly new and different you'd see an official directors update.

Okay. Wow... Just wow... 

So another question then. How big is the company? Because apparently the support Team didn't saw the hard case (was a request of mine a couple weeks ago, which is now obsolete) and apparently the person who is responsible for the forum doesn't know anything from the other departments?

Does anyone in the company beside you know that some customers seem to be very irritated by the things that are going on? Do they even have a forum user account?

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms