Jump to content

New OTA update, stamped 2020-03-06 [UPDATED]


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Just got confirmed from @Waxberry that the 20200306 is indeed a variant back on September security level, that IS in compliance with CTS / Safetynet

(Those of us that updated to 20200304 will have to wait for a later common update - it is finished but awaits to be certified, hopefully in the coming week)

That's interesting.  Did he say whether the one waiting for certification is a full update or incremental?  If incremental, then they have to maintain 2 incrementals going forward, 2 certifications, etc, until they go with a full.

It also means a different person would need to supply the boot image for each path, since it won't work for someone on the other path.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are very sorry for the issues caused.    After some investigation we have found the reason, it was due to the upgrade of security patch to October which needs to be approved from the auth

UPDATED: Hi everyone, there is a new OTA update stamped 2020-03-06, offered. This REPLACES the OTA stamped 2020-03-04, that proved to have an error with Safetynet.   IF you already

THE OTA have been Temporarily suspended, as it had a bug  breaking the "SafetyNet", fix should be on it's way quickly.

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, david said:

That's interesting.  Did he say whether the one waiting for certification is a full update or incremental?  If incremental, then they have to maintain 2 incrementals going forward, 2 certifications, etc, until they go with a full.

It also means a different person would need to supply the boot image for each path, since it won't work for someone on the other path.

As I understood it, it combines the two going forward. I have no idea on the details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

As I understood it, it combines the two going forward. I have no idea on the details.

So you think the one currently going through certification is a full update instead of incremental?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Thanks,

 

Just got confirmed from @Waxberry that the 20200306 is indeed a variant back on September security level, that IS in compliance with CTS / Safetynet

(Those of us that updated to 20200304 will have to wait for a later common update - it is finished but awaits to be certified, hopefully in the coming week)

Is there an older build available that I could flash to my phone and then update to latest OTA? I don't mean the factory image (2019). Just a build before this SafetyNet issue.

Edited by FlyingAntero
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

Is there an older build available that I could flash to my phone and then update to latest OTA? I don't mean the factory image (2019). Just a build before this SafetyNet issue.

I am not aware of any full builds (other than that factory image), just partial updates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dreamflasher said:

After how smoothly the whole production process and communication was, really surprising that the software update process is so rough. Fxtec -.-

Production and software updates are the fault of IdeaLTE. Lack of communication is clearly the fault of FxTec.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I have the notification for the software update. 

I have selected Download before, but it seems it did not finish.
 

Now the only option is check for updates, which is indefinite.

Is there anyway to reset the cache for the updater? As I keep having the notification but I no longer have the option to download or install it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, altwouss said:

Ok, so I have the notification for the software update. 

I have selected Download before, but it seems it did not finish.
 

Now the only option is check for updates, which is indefinite.

Is there anyway to reset the cache for the updater? As I keep having the notification but I no longer have the option to download or install it.

Try to wipe cache and data of the Updater app.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlyingAntero said:

What is the current situation with the update that is supposed to fix SafetyNet? Is the certification process still going on?

You mean the update that is supposed to merge the two? AFAIK, certification is still pending.
If you need saftetynet badly, you can wipe the Pro1 with a full image as described in this post by @Waxberry, and then do OTA.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

You mean the update that is supposed to merge the two? AFAIK, certification is still pending.
If you need saftetynet badly, you can wipe the Pro1 with a full image as described in this post by @Waxberry, and then do OTA.

Some of my friends are not so familiar with flashing via fastboot mode so they just have to wait. I was hoping that the fix could arrive within few weeks. I believe that there isn't much that F(x)tec can do if the sertification is pending on Google's end.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms