Jump to content

Pro1 for private sale? Post sale or question on a sale here. (please do NOT post requests to buy)


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. On top of the high price, actually I didn't buy it from the campaign on indiegogo solely because I really don't like the blue color.
At the moment I'm chasing around a good old pro1 in black color.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and like you many others, myself as well, but did you carefully read the thread title? Hint: specifically this part "(please do NOT post requests to buy)"

Dude, the only thing you don't have from me is a picture 🤣 Check your messages 😉   By the way lets continue  via messages or Discord as to not disturb the other people in here.

Generally I feel much better to have a physical keyboard (I mean a moving keyboard instead of a screen). However, I saw (maybe here) an idea which used E-Ink on top of physical keys, which would be

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, mrmango said:

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. On top of the high price, actually I didn't buy it from the campaign on indiegogo solely because I really don't like the blue color.
At the moment I'm chasing around a good old pro1 in black color.

Yeah why I also didn't get one wasn't keen on the colour (glad I didn't as already have the old one and its got better hardware lol)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm happy I ordered a Pro1X.  I think the color is growing on me and I will now have one for a daily driver and one for OS related experiments that I'm too timid to try on my daily driver. 😉 Also, never hurts to have a backup.  It was agony while I was waiting for repairs.

Of course (assuming I do get it), the price paid was much more reasonable than that ebay one (and more memory).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hook said:

Well, I'm happy I ordered a Pro1X.  I think the color is growing on me and I will now have one for a daily driver and one for OS related experiments that I'm too timid to try on my daily driver. 😉 Also, never hurts to have a backup.  It was agony while I was waiting for repairs.

Of course (assuming I do get it), the price paid was much more reasonable than that ebay one (and more memory).

Yeah thats a good point it's the 6GB / 126GB not the 8Gb / 256GB.  As it was out of the first batch of 10

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I'm thinking about selling my Pro1-X, the pre-christmas perk (SD 835, 6gb ram/128gb rom), in mint conditions-no scratches, like new one, original box, charger, screen protector, pouch, headphones-everything what was supplied with the phone, warranty is still 22month. I was used to portrait keyboard (had BB passport), the landscape keyboard I'm not using too often. I would sell it for +- the price I paid for it, shipping to EU, I'm in Czech Republic. If you would be interested, please email me on [email protected]

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, _DW_ said:

I might be selling my pro1

Got hints I'm getting a new phone for my birthday.  

Got some screen burn in and some slight scratches on back is £500 ok price?

Found out getting a Samsung z fold 2!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JordanKirsch83 said:

I am still looking to buy a pro 1 in good condition. Email me at [email protected] if any one is interested in selling theirs. I'm in the US. Thanks 

Please read the title of the thread:

please do NOT post requests to buy!

Also I would tag a price tag to that request, what are you looking at paying? 500$, 1000$, 1500$ depending on your range, you get a different outcome!

@EskeRahn If you decide to clean his post because it is the wrong thread, please remove this one too. thank you!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2021 at 8:45 AM, Doktor Oswaldo said:

so that means you gonna keep the pro1 then? 😉

I'll decide once I have it in a few weeks (I actually have a astro slide on order as well so one will be redundant)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 11:44 PM, Slion said:

Awesome, let us know how it's like.

@_DW_DW_ Yes, I am also interested to hear about your typing experience on the fold 2. And a side by side picture would also be very cool, if you have the time.

Edited by OKSun
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OKSun said:

@_DW_DW_ Yes, I am also interested to hear about your typing experience on the fold 2. And a side by side picture would also be very cool, if you have the time.

I've tried the LG G8X ThinQ and it's not bad but it is heavier and bulkier than my Pro1 with its leather bookcase. Also they should really improve the software. Having a mode where you could use the screen as keyboard in landscape like a hardware keyboard would be great. They have landscape soft keyboard but it behaves like a soft keyboard without modifiers and goes away when you are not editing text anymore.

I think the Pro2 should be the same form factor as the Pro1 but with a screen instead of the physical keyboard. Well they could keep a transparent membrane keyboard I guess with the screen underneath. That would solve any layout issues 😁 It will never happen though 🤨 too expensive to design, produce and needs custom software.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slion said:

I think the Pro2 should be the same form factor as the Pro1 but with a screen instead of the physical keyboard. Well they could keep a transparent membrane keyboard I guess with the screen underneath. That would solve any layout issues 😁 It will never happen though 🤨 too expensive to design, produce and needs custom software.

Generally I feel much better to have a physical keyboard (I mean a moving keyboard instead of a screen).
However, I saw (maybe here) an idea which used E-Ink on top of physical keys, which would be very handy. 🙂

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VaZso said:

Generally I feel much better to have a physical keyboard (I mean a moving keyboard instead of a screen).
However, I saw (maybe here) an idea which used E-Ink on top of physical keys, which would be very handy. 🙂

It exists. A rather old Samsung thing ("SCH-U0750" also labeled  " Alias ™ ² "). I found one on ebay for a modest price (if I remember right the shipping was half the total)
It works fine, and the idea could be adopted to say a Pro2 or 3... Sure the change of layout is a little slow, but acceptable, even for showing symbol-layouts.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

It works fine, and the idea could be adopted to say a Pro2 or 3... Sure the change of layout is a little slow, but acceptable, even for showing symbol-layouts.

Slow change does not seem to be a problem (it should be usually static) and it is specific to E-ink panels generally.
However, it would have the advantage of having practically any kind (also custom) prints for every users.
I hope this solution is not patented anyway...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2021 at 7:15 AM, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Please read the title of the thread:

please do NOT post requests to buy!

Also I would tag a price tag to that request, what are you looking at paying? 500$, 1000$, 1500$ depending on your range, you get a different outcome!

@EskeRahn If you decide to clean his post because it is the wrong thread, please remove this one too. thank you!

 

$700 to 800 depending on condition!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 11:30 PM, Slion said:

Dude that's some serious wear on that Pro1 🤣 good luck with the sell.

Naaa... mine looks even worse. And I already have my third screen. I mean, you are outside, slightly miss your jeans pocket and boom! 50/50 chance it falls display down onto the concrete.

Fortunatly the plastic frame around the screen still holds (I only swapped the touch+screen itself), but it already has some impact traces. And the keyboard slide mechanics also hold, though I often use it to clip the phone ontop of my notebook screen. Great quality!!1 Anyway... I don't know how you guys canNOT trash your phone that you use daily. Plush handbag? Rubber floors? 😉

Normally I save money by buying used stuff, it's usually 'new' to me 😄 If I buy new, then the stuff is in used condition the moment I unpacked it.

Edit: The edge of the keyboard part is quite sturdy... but you have to focus, when you open your bottle.

Edited by fxtec-preorder-47xx
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@fxtec-preorder-47xx After I got my Pro1 just a few weeks ago, I thought I'd be guarding it as the apple of my eye. Unfortunately I couldn't find any of those nice, thin cases yet which really would fit (like this one that I had been using with the Moto Z3 Play). Recently, now, the phone slipped through my fingers and landed on the wooden floor, screen facing down – no marks on the outside, it is really durable. But a black spot in the display. (I've asked support about the availability of spare screens and have yet to receive a reply, but I suppose I'll need to go with one of those Elephone U pro screens you can buy from Alibaba of which I've also ordered two...)

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fxtec-preorder-47xx said:

I mean, you are outside, slightly miss your jeans pocket and boom! 50/50 chance it falls display down onto the concrete.

How do you miss your jeans pocket? Slow down, people, not that many things are urgent (Says retired old guy from Analog World)  😄

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Not mine, and not affiliated in any way. Just thought I'd share.

Nice 🙂 And funny that as a Dane with some knowledge of English and German I can actually read it without translation 😆

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms