Jump to content

Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery


Recommended Posts

 

This just came in for those who ordered on the web:

Quote

Dear Pro1-X customer,

Here is the latest manufacturing and shipping update for your Pro1-X order!

Despite some of the delays which have affected mass manufacturing and shipping, including Covid-19 inflicted national lockdowns across China, we are now ready to start shipping!

Over the last few months, our team has been hard at work redesigning the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 and assembling devices ready for fulfillment. Your Pro1-X has been through a rigorous assembly and QC process to ensure the highest quality standards and will be shipped with the latest security patch for Android OS.

  • Mass shipping has been confirmed for mid-June - a further email update will be sent around once shipping has officially begun.
  • We will be shipping devices straight from our shipping partner in Hong Kong, so expect tracking details within the next couple of weeks. 

As always, thank you for your ongoing patience and support, we can not wait for you to get your hands on your pro1-X order!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to drop us an email at [email protected]

Team Fxtec 🙂

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

This just came in for those who ordered on the web:  

Next week should be the start of production according to the newest IGG update 🙂  

Posted Images

I can see that I chose my perk with the Scandinavian layout. Will be interesting to see if this affects the delivery time?

I would not be surprised if plain US-QWERTY was served first.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another tidbit that I don't see mentioned so far.  Last week I emailed on the question of OS for those of us who purchased from the web site, not via Indigogo.  We will be getting Android. 

I ordered in Nov '21 and couldn't remember if I'd chosen LOS or Android or even had a choice during purchase.  I emailed to say Android so we'd get them ASAP.  Got a response back in a very reasonable 2 days considering the Queen's Jubilee ongoing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I can see that I chose my perk with the Scandinavian layout. Will be interesting to see if this affects the delivery time?

I would not be surprised if plain US-QWERTY was served first.

Hopefully they know how to multi-task. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

 

This just came in for those who ordered on the web:

 

Haha, YAY... OH... YAY... OH... YAY... OH... lol. My hopes are high but my fingers are crossed that this one will be followed through. Thanks for posting! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tommi69 said:

Wow. Good news. But anyway, if the phone really arrives, I will sell it immediatley.

Meanwhile I am so happy with the Galaxy Fold, that I will keep this.

Hi, I'm curious, does the Fold work well for those who like to type a lot? Does it have a "keyboard" function that could emulate the Pro1?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, as the title implies, does anyone know the actual status of GMS tests of the Pro 1 X right now? 
I am confused about this, as the April Pro1-X update states that On the software side, we have also passed all of the GMS tests and received the official documentation and certificates for this yesterday.

Then in the Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - May, they state that We are just waiting on the final GMS tests to be approved before we can go ahead with the OS flashing and mass shipment of devices.

So whats the deal here? I am reading different views in the Indiegogo comments section as well.. Are they still waiting for GMS? Is that what is currently holding back the shipping? And in that case, why did they announce in April that this was all done, documented and certified? An official word on this would be great.

Edited by toast
clarification.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, toast said:

I am confused about this, as the April Pro1-X update states that On the software side, we have also passed all of the GMS tests and received the official documentation and certificates for this yesterday.

Then in the Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - May, they state that We are just waiting on the final GMS tests to be approved before we can go ahead with the OS flashing and mass shipment of devices.

Indeed this looks self contradicting. I do not know why.
My personal GUESS is that they in April just got a confirmation that it passed and they would be getting the official approval, but did not get the actual paperworks... But I could be wrong. And do seem odd that this should take more than a month to be delivered.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, toast said:

So, as the title implies, does anyone know the actual status of GMS tests of the Pro 1 X right now? 
I am confused about this, as the April Pro1-X update states that On the software side, we have also passed all of the GMS tests and received the official documentation and certificates for this yesterday.

Then in the Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - May, they state that We are just waiting on the final GMS tests to be approved before we can go ahead with the OS flashing and mass shipment of devices.

So whats the deal here? I am reading different views in the Indiegogo comments section as well.. Are they still waiting for GMS? Is that what is currently holding back the shipping? And in that case, why did they announce in April that this was all done, documented and certified? An official word on this would be great.

It's admittedly confusing, and I have no special insight on what happened here. @EskeRahn's guess is plausible. However, this last update is the first one to explicitly say "Mass shipping has now been confirmed..."  I would take that as a clear sign that the manufacturing hurdles have been surmounted.  Hopefully.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose the certificate needs to be acquired for each software release no matter how small the change is. Fixing a bug would cause a new release and require a new certificate.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jlavi said:

I suppose the certificate needs to be acquired for each software release no matter how small the change is. Fixing a bug would cause a new release and require a new certificate.

Ah! Good point. Sounds plausible.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Indeed this looks self contradicting. I do not know why.
My personal GUESS is that they in April just got a confirmation that it passed and they would be getting the official approval, but did not get the actual paperworks... But I could be wrong. And do seem odd that this should take more than a month to be delivered.

I would agree that might have sounded plausible, if it wasnt for the fact that they explicitly stated in the update that I quoted that they already DID recieve the official documentation and certificates for GMS.

4 hours ago, Hook said:

It's admittedly confusing, and I have no special insight on what happened here. @EskeRahn's guess is plausible. However, this last update is the first one to explicitly say "Mass shipping has now been confirmed..."  I would take that as a clear sign that the manufacturing hurdles have been surmounted.  Hopefully.

 

I also hope for this, I would love to recieve my device in just a short period of time. Fingers crossed for no more unexpected hurdles along the way.

3 hours ago, jlavi said:

I suppose the certificate needs to be acquired for each software release no matter how small the change is. Fixing a bug would cause a new release and require a new certificate.

Hmm, perhaps this is why then. I just wish they would be more transparent about it. If this was the case, it would be an excellent example of "if they just took 2 minutes to formulate it in a good way in an update, there would for sure be way less negativity and insecurity about this project". Atleast thats what I think. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the email that they were about to start shipping and then 5 minutes later I got a text from FedEx saying I have a package on the way. When I clicked on the tracking number it said the package was coming from China. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SnydeyMan said:

I got the email that they were about to start shipping and then 5 minutes later I got a text from FedEx saying I have a package on the way. When I clicked on the tracking number it said the package was coming from China. 

Whoa, then it has finally started! Around what number is your contribution? Mine is in the 2100's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, agent008 said:
43 minutes ago, SnydeyMan said:

I got the email that they were about to start shipping and then 5 minutes later I got a text from FedEx saying I have a package on the way. When I clicked on the tracking number it said the package was coming from China. 

Whoa, then it has finally started!

Or he's got something else coming from China, too, like I did a few weeks ago?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, SnydeyMan said:

I got the email that they were about to start shipping and then 5 minutes later I got a text from FedEx saying I have a package on the way. When I clicked on the tracking number it said the package was coming from China. 

I hope that package contains a phone. 🙂

Have you ordered anything else from China which may also be that package?
...maybe are you a former Pro1 backer who did not receive Pro1 yet (or having it in for repair)?

Okay, their message about shipping makes it really "suspicious" that it may be a Pro1X. 😄

Also, your round position of the globe would also help or may give huge hope for others nearby (USA, parts of Europe, Asia, India, etc, etc.) 🙂

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only other thing I have coming are some oem Ford parts which shouldn't be coming from China, but you never know haha. I pre ordered on the website back in September for a Pro1x and I'm in the USA.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnydeyMan said:

The only other thing I have coming are some oem Ford parts which shouldn't be coming from China, but you never know haha. I pre ordered on the website back in September for a Pro1x and I'm in the USA.

Then I would say that it is highly unlikely that you would be the first to get a mail, so I think the "oem" here is the key for "China"

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Then I would say that it is highly unlikely that you would be the first to get a mail, so I think the "oem" here is the key for "China"

Right, however, the "about to start shipping" is still sounds interesting.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2022 at 8:40 PM, agent008 said:

Hi, I'm curious, does the Fold work well for those who like to type a lot? Does it have a "keyboard" function that could emulate the Pro1?

Due to the large inner display of the Fold 3, the keyboard can be emulated very large and clearly
on the lower half of the screen. Probably even more comfortable than on the Fx Pro1. 😅

K1600_IMG_20220614_184341.JPG

K1600_IMG_20220614_184235.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2022 at 4:46 PM, jlavi said:

I suppose the certificate needs to be acquired for each software release no matter how small the change is. Fixing a bug would cause a new release and require a new certificate.

If they can fix a static noise problem with a SW fix and then flash a new SW version right away without reapplying a certificate, this would break my theory.

Possibly the fix is in an application which is not covered by the certificate.

Edited by jlavi
Refine an argument
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8.jpg

posted by FX Technology

Jun 17, 2022 • 8:40AM PDT

Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - June

pxeekwn7jmbs2xmddb1b.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here are the latest manufacturing and shipping updates!

  • Your Pro1-X (Android OS) is almost ready to ship.
  • Mass assembly of the hardware and personalised engravings are finished and have passed our QC checks. We say almost ready to ship because we are just working on a couple of software issues before we can proceed. 

Whilst Pro1-X mass assembly was taking place, our development team were continuously testing randomly selected units. This process uncovered minor speaker/microphone issues. Specifically, the speaker occasionally generates a slight static and metallic noise when outputting sounds. Developers will continue working over the weekend to fine-tune the speaker/microphone for Android OS and get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

As soon as this is fixed, we will go ahead and start shipping Android OS Pro1-X’s. A final mass shipping ETA will be sent round in due course. We would like to apologise for this added delay and any inconvenience caused. 

In other news…

We have just received a new build for Ubuntu Touch OS which we will begin testing over the weekend. We will continue sharing progress updates with you for Ubuntu Touch & Lineage OS.

Thank you for your ongoing patience and support.

Team Fxtec 🙂

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If they can ship the pro1X without wifi and speakers issue it's ok for me 😄
I would better wait for a few months expecting a polished software, I find this honest.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms