Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

On 6/8/2022 at 4:09 PM, Tommi69 said:

Wow. Good news. But anyway, if the phone really arrives, I will sell it immediatley.

Meanwhile I am so happy with the Galaxy Fold, that I will keep this.

Is the front screen still so narrow or do they have a newer model already?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

This just came in for those who ordered on the web:  

Next week should be the start of production according to the newest IGG update 🙂  

Posted Images

On 6/14/2022 at 6:51 PM, Tommi69 said:
Due to the large inner display of the Fold 3, the keyboard can be emulated very large and clearly
on the lower half of the screen. Probably even more comfortable than on the Fx Pro1. 😅

K1600_IMG_20220614_184341.JPG

K1600_IMG_20220614_184235.JPG

The problem with this, is that it is just for typing text not controlling your phone like you do with a keyboard, think ctrl + tab and other shortcuts. I wonder if you could develop such a mode where the virtual keyboard is sticky. There is that and the fact that the front screen is way too narrow on the Fold.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 4
On 6/14/2022 at 6:51 PM, Tommi69 said:
Due to the large inner display of the Fold 3, the keyboard can be emulated very large and clearly
on the lower half of the screen. Probably even more comfortable than on the Fx Pro1. 😅

K1600_IMG_20220614_184341.JPG

K1600_IMG_20220614_184235.JPG

I doubt that. We do have keyboard cases for tablets for a reason. No matter how big the screen is, a keyboard is in another league!

• Like 5
On 6/18/2022 at 9:34 AM, Slion said:

Is the front screen still so narrow or do they have a newer model already?

Yep. That is exactly why I stopped buying Samsung. They became tall and skinny which totally threw off the balance of the phone when typing. Then there was all that bloat and programs you can't delete (Google). So here I am, awaiting my freedom from all that. 

• Like 1

Here is the latest update on Indeiegogo:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Jun 28, 2022 • 11:15AM
1 hour ago
Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - June

k6usoliu2ou8e1n6yxt8.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers:

Following our last update, the speaker & microphone issues mentioned last week are now fixed.

That being said, a couple more minor bugs have been flagged and need fixing before we can start shipping:

• Community Developers are working on this already and plan on merging all of the bug fixes from previous Android builds into the final Android OS version which will be used for mass flashing devices.
  • After compiling this final build, developers will be able to conduct final tests to make sure that this version passes the SMR requirements (security maintenance release).
  • This final Android OS build will contain the May 2022 Android security patch version and the new June 2022 security patch will be updated to users via OTA.

Whilst we work to complete the above steps, a tentative ETA has been given of Friday 1st July for flashing Pro1-X's. Following this, we will be able to start shipping devices. 

We would like to apologise for the ongoing delays - whilst we understand that it is not ideal, we are doing our very best to resolve these bugs as quickly as we can.

Whilst we had planned to be mass shipping by now, the minor issues that have come up in recent weeks risk affecting both the functionality and useability of the device. This is something that can not be ignored as it goes against our quality standards and overall Pro1-X user experience.

Our team is working as quickly as we can to get your phones ready for mass shipping - thank you once again for your ongoing patience and support.

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Thanks 4

Somehow this situation brings Zeno's paradox about Achilles and Tortoise to mind. Closer we get to shipping, new obstacles arise but they are smaller and smaller.

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, zundappchef said:

im stil betting that ill get my unihertz titan slim faster then this phone 

well they (unihertz) just asked us for our addresses, so likely a close run....

21 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

well they just asked us for our addresses, so likely a close run....

They alias Unihertz or they alias F(x)tec?
...just curious. 😄

• Haha 2

(If I do not recall incorrectly it has been quite a while siince Fxtex asked us to double-check the address - was actually surprised that Unihertz did not ask us to confirm our address but to reenter it...)

1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

(If I do not recall incorrectly it has been quite a while siince Fxtex asked us to double-check the address - was actually surprised that Unihertz did not ask us to confirm our address but to reenter it...)

I could not miss it - but really stopped for a moment and re-read you comment. 😄

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Suspense is rising.

Have they succeeded in flashing our devices?

Will shipping commence next week?

Will my battered Pro1 survive long enough?

As they didnt say anything else, I am assuming all devices are flashed and I am expecting mass shipping to commence first thing monday morning.

Sadly, it seems I was mistaken. They apparently did not even start flashing yet, because the factory has no workers. I was under the impression that they had at least talked to the factory about flashing during friday before telling us that's their "tentative ETA". More delays to come, it seems.

https://nitter.net/chenliangchen/status/1543191027879743489#m

I hope they can at least sort the flashing during next week and (hopefully) shipping the week after, even though I have a bad feeling at this point.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, toast said:

Sadly, it seems I was mistaken. They apparently did not even start flashing yet

Sadly the "question" was actually two questions in one and the answer wasn't clear.  I guess a bit of manpower is needed for flashing but a lot more for packing so maybe there's a big pile of flashed phones ready to be boxed up.  Or maybe there isn't.

I don't understand why anyone would bother to answer without being clear, it's very frustrating!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

I don't understand why anyone would bother to answer without being clear, it's very frustrating!

If he doesn't answer, people complain. But it is hard to be specific when you can't be sure about the situation enough to give an iron clad assurance.  Rock and a hard place.

The problem is not just how small Fxtec is.  It;s that it does very little in house and they don't own or have priority with any of the pieces.  Unlike Apple, who own all of the pieces and have high priority, or  Samsung, close enough to the same.  FxTec has to juggle multiple providers and contracts where they have very low priority.  So, if they have scheduled fkashing and packaging for shipping, but things are halted to fix a software problem, the previously scheduled  slot may be lost and they have to rework scheduling.  At the beginning, with the Pro1, in 2019, before the Pandemic, Chen went to China to oversee everything.  That made things easier in the final phases.  He has not been able to do that since the pandemic. So they have answers like "tentatively Friday." 

It's tough.  And I've said this before, I am amazed they have kept at it instead of walking away.  I probably would have when they were swindled on the chips.

I understand it is easier for me.  I have a Pro1.  But if they aren't giving you more specific answers, it's because they can't.  Believe me, Chen in particular, would love to give you a reliable absolute date.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Posted (edited)

Thankfully, they aren't giving up. I'm glad for that.

I do wish they were more transparent on sharing what they don't know and what they are barred from knowing more publicly. It would make PR so much better.

This shouldn't be needed but, for real, people need to be reminded about how pandemic status is still causing complete mess in China...

Edited by brunoais
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm really glad they're not giving up too, there was surely money to be ran off with when they didn't have any chips to buy so I might have been tempted.

I'm not requesting a crystal ball "all devices will be shipped" date which would be pointless, all I ask is to replace "something" with "flashing", "packing" or "shipping" in the latest update.  He must know what he's trying to book and that isn't affected by how much of a mess China is in nor how many times they've been bumped by a more important customer or due to stopping for bugs.

• Like 1
On 6/30/2022 at 6:20 PM, EskeRahn said:

well they (unihertz) just asked us for our addresses, so likely a close run....

True true , because this time i was within the first 50 to order i have the option to get it in august if i pay for expedited shipping 

maybe for FX tec's next phone , they should team up with unihertz 
FX designs the phone and outsource Unihertz for production , updates and PR

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, zundappchef said:

True true , because this time i was within the first 50 to order i have the option to get it in august if i pay for expedited shipping 

FX designs the phone and outsource Unihertz for production , updates and PR

would be great if the niche products could find ways to help each other, as they target different parts of the small keyboard segment. But the big question is if the visions are compatible?

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, zundappchef said:

FX designs the phone and outsource Unihertz for production

Aren't most unihertz phones bootloader locked so there are no alternate OSes for them?  I have looked at them often as they have small phones but I'm not using stock Android.

If their software partner (it's not done in house) can do an open version it's a great idea.

Edited by suicidal_orange
Clarity
  • Like 1