Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

On 11/4/2022 at 5:46 AM, EskeRahn said:

Remember that when a theory can not be disproved, it does NOT make it correct.
Religions and conspiracy theories usually relies on this kind of false 'logic'.

You put my arguments, which are on the same level of the contra-arguments from Rob. S. in terms of credibility and circumstantial possibilities, in the field of religion and conspiracy theories. Doesn't it go a little further past objectivity? "When a theory cannot be disproved, it does NOT make it correct". Yes, but it doesn't make it wrong either. Also, your saying applies equally to Rob's opposite opinion. I prefer to keep it to myself, who usually hastily judges unpopular opinions as religion and conspiracy theories.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

They have published another update here:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Nov 16, 2022 • 1:49AM
1 hour ago
Pro1-X Update - Novemeber

zs36dhixrfsr0f7jcnbf.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers, 

Here are the latest shipping updates!

On behalf of the whole team here at Fxtec, we are extremely sorry for the ongoing delays. We have been trying our very best to resolve the contractual issues so that we can finally ship orders out to all of our wonderful backers. 

We can now confirm that ALL remaining Pro1-X orders will be shipped in December from our Hong Kong warehouse. We expect to have fulfilled orders before Christmas, and tracking details will be sent around once orders have been dispatched.

IGG Perks and accessories:

Once mass shipping has finished next month, we will begin to ship all accessories; screen protectors, and spare parts from your perks. We’ll post a separate update for this when the time comes.

OS Developments:

Despite the ongoing shipping delays, our software development team has been hands-on with debugging and fixing issues that are currently present in our stock Android OS. The main task at hand is resolving the battery protection issue mentioned in our previous update. We have been working with a team from Qualcomm to test and work out a solution to this problem. Please bear with us.

On another note, a special thanks to our active community on forums, Telegram, and Discord who have been extremely helpful with identifying and reporting issues that affect the general UX. We have recorded these bugs and will prioritise them accordingly. We greatly appreciate your feedback and support throughout! 

A new build version will be released as soon as possible so normal progress can be resumed with LineageOS and Ubuntu Touch OS developers.

Feel free to reach us at info at fxtec.com for any additional questions related to your order, shipping, delivery, or technical support.

Thank you for your support and patience! 

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

This update looks correct in my opinion.
Community is sharing high knowledge, some powerful users/developpers are working in alternative OS, fxtec work hard on debugging issues with components manufacturer...what else ?
Delays aren't really a problem according to backing such of niche hardware. Most important is the follow-up here.   (one more time : in my opinion 😄)

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, when I joined the Indigog Campaing, I was glad, that I can support the creators of a new keyboard-based smartphone.
When they said, it will be delayed for some technical issues, also everything is fine for me.
Then f(x) tec said, the smartphone is ready, but LinageOS can not be preinstalled, we'll ship the phone with Android, I also agreed that.
I've waited a while and the last news (#43) came in august 22, where I recieved the info, shipping is a bit delayed...

Now it's almost decembre. There are no news since then and no smartphone.
What is the Problem? Please send me my smartphone, or tell me you can't and you will spend me my money back, so taht I can look for something new.
I often recieve packages from China and other foreign countrys. But I didn't recieve a package from f(x) tec :(

I want an aswer that can help me... I often mailed to the support... but they only roasting me :(
Regards,
LGB aka Björn

• Sad 1

Hi Björn,

there have been a few updates since August, see here. There seems to be a know issue where backers don't get the updates via e-mail anymore but I don't know if it has been acknowledged by indiegogo or fxtec. Seems weird that the support hasn't directed you to the indiegogo updates page, what do you mean with "roasting"? On the internet this word usually means they're literally insulting you based on information they have about you.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, LeGrandeBleu said:

Hello, when I joined the Indigog Campaing, I was glad, that I can support the creators of a new keyboard-based smartphone.
When they said, it will be delayed for some technical issues, also everything is fine for me.
Then f(x) tec said, the smartphone is ready, but LinageOS can not be preinstalled, we'll ship the phone with Android, I also agreed that.
I've waited a while and the last news (#43) came in august 22, where I recieved the info, shipping is a bit delayed...

Now it's almost decembre. There are no news since then and no smartphone.
What is the Problem? Please send me my smartphone, or tell me you can't and you will spend me my money back, so taht I can look for something new.
I often recieve packages from China and other foreign countrys. But I didn't recieve a package from f(x) tec :(

I want an aswer that can help me... I often mailed to the support... but they only roasting me :(
Regards,
LGB aka Björn

You seem to have missed the latest updates. We are now up to update #48.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pro1-x-smartphone-functionality-choice-control/x/17980121#/updates/all

IGG seems to have messed up so some of us are not receiving notifications of the updates anymore (myself included).  The quick version is they ran into a contractual problem which delayed shipping until December. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, eldarion said:

Hi Björn,

there have been a few updates since August, see here. There seems to be a know issue where backers don't get the updates via e-mail anymore but I don't know if it has been acknowledged by indiegogo or fxtec. Seems weird that the support hasn't directed you to the indiegogo updates page, what do you mean with "roasting"? On the internet this word usually means they're literally insulting you based on information they have about you.

Hello @eldarion, thank you. Yepp, they haven't directed me to that page. Thank you.
I haven't recieved any eMail-Updates since no. #43 (2022/08/11). Roasting means (German: Vertröstet) - They put me off. 😞
Without any information i think, i was left alone by f(x)tec...

Thanks @EskeRahn

I can't understand, how this happens. I recieve other packages from Hong Kong and so on, why these smartphones couldn't be deliverey for such a long time?

22 minutes ago, LeGrandeBleu said:

I can't understand, how this happens. I recieve other packages from Hong Kong and so on, why these smartphones couldn't be deliverey for such a long time?

Well we are all a bit in the dark here.... All we know is what they told us in the latest updates, that there are some "contractual issues" What that means in layman's terms, are currently anyone's guess. We know that others also had their problems in shipping their things, but we lack any details on the "why".

Hi guys, 
First Jolla user here. I just found info about this wonderful phone, found pre order with December delivery and wanted to buy it
However after I found this thread as well and I see that here we have strange delivery issues

Does it mean that if I pre order the pro1x now I won't get it during December. Instead no one acutally knows when I will get it. Please confirm if I understood correctly

Edited by Heruvim
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Heruvim said:

Does it mean that if I pre order the pro1x now I won't get it during December. Instead no one acutally knows when I will get it. Please confirm if I understood correctly

There are no guarantees on the dates. They have stated that they expect to have it shipped in December.

We can now confirm that ALL remaining Pro1-X orders will be shipped in December from our Hong Kong warehouse.

Though we do not know if more than the already ordered were produced, so new orders put up today might not be sent in December - but this is not knowledge just a guess,

• Like 2

@Heruvim

I got mine from here:  https://www.expansys.com/
You might want to consider import taxes and warranty, there is some discussion here, search the forum on 'Expansys' for more info.  
Shipped to NZ in about a fortnight.  No complaints at all from me, seems very solidly built and runs very well, new daily driver from day one. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, MonCon said:

@Heruvim

I got mine from here:  https://www.expansys.com/
You might want to consider import taxes and warranty, there is some discussion here, search the forum on 'Expansys' for more info.  
Shipped to NZ in about a fortnight.  No complaints at all from me, seems very solidly built and runs very well, new daily driver from day one. 

No signal drop / Data drop on LTE?
I am on 2.1.2 and having drop in data connection

• Like 1

@PoongZY

No probs here on data connection.  I'm on 2.1.5.  Out and about it works well, standalone or as a hotspot.  Not sure about LTE, a quick peek at the status bar shows me as on 3G.  I've got my 'Preferred network type' set at 'GSM/WCDMA auto'. 

Edited by MonCon
17 hours ago, MonCon said:

Not sure about LTE, a quick peek at the status bar shows me as on 3G.  I've got my 'Preferred network type' set at 'GSM/WCDMA auto'. 

As I understand it, that preferred network type setting would lock out LTE. So you're not ever using LTE with that setting.  

I am still on the original build 2.1.2, and the LTE connection is appallingly bad, but it seems fine on GSM. The big problem is that in the USA, GSM is almost entirely deactivated and LTE is all there is, now.

IIRC there are some mixed reviews here about whether the beta 2.1.5 build improves anything for LTE on the Pro 1x, so I haven't bothered to update yet.  Hopefully Fx Tec is still working on an OTA update that fixes the LTE problem for everyone.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Name_not_avail said:

IIRC there are some mixed reviews here about whether the beta 2.1.5 build improves anything for LTE on the Pro 1x, so I haven't bothered to update yet.  Hopefully Fx Tec is still working on an OTA update that fixes the LTE problem for everyone.

I haven't read anyone saying it gets worse (if that's even possible?) so it's probably worth trying? 

From the last update on IGG the battery issue is the big one so sounds like they're done fixing reception, though it's not explicitly mentioned.  Why I have no idea but that could be said about something in most of the updates so we'll have to wait and see!

21 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

I haven't read anyone saying it gets worse (if that's even possible?) so it's probably worth trying? 

You have a point there.

Is 2.1.5 available for downloading anywhere obvious, or do I have to get an invitation to a Telegram group, or some other similar quasi-secret source?

@EskeRahn please move this post if appropriate, I know there has been thread drift in the last 6 posts but I didn't find another thread where it seemed to fit, and I have what I think is useful info to share. 

I have now updated to build 2.1.5, but because I am still roaming on Canadian GSM service, I won't be able to say whether LTE reception has been improved for a couple of weeks.  The most noticeable improvement of this build is that touching the fingerprint reader does not cause wild scrolling behaviour the way it did in build 2.1.2, so that is a much appreciated improvement.

Because 2.1.5 is GMS-less, I missed having some basic Google services (Gmail, contacts, messages, calendar) with this build. The build has AOSP apps for calendar, messages and contacts, but no email app.  I tried a couple of open-source alternatives to Gmail, but found them disappointing by comparison. 

I looked into flashing various Gapps, but all of them seemed to require flashing with TWRP first, and as far as I know, there is no TWRP or other custom recovery available for the Pro 1x, so that seemed like a non-starter.

So in the end, I rooted with Magisk according to instructions by @Casey here: https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3690-pro1-x-rooting-with-magisk

Then I enabled Zygisk in the Magisk settings.

Then I downloaded version 1.0 of this awesome Magisk module by @wacko1805, and installed it with Magisk: https://sourceforge.net/projects/magiskgapps/files/r/Core/

Version 1.0 of the module is for Android 11, and I think the newer versions are for 12 and 13.  Version 1.0 worked great for my Pro 1x on build 2.1.5.

That puts the Play Store and Google Services Framework on the Pro 1x as a removeable Magisk module.  From there, it was possible to start the Play Store, sign into my Google account, and download Gmail, Contacts, Messages, and Calendar.  It took some fiddling with the permissions to get everything syncing, and some restarts, but now the phone and those four apps seem stable.  I have no idea if other Gapps work with this method, so someone else can test if they like.  

I don't know what other people are doing for Gapps in build 2.1.5, but that solution suits me fine for now.

• Thanks 1
On 12/2/2022 at 4:57 PM, MonCon said:

@PoongZY

No probs here on data connection.  I'm on 2.1.5.  Out and about it works well, standalone or as a hotspot.  Not sure about LTE, a quick peek at the status bar shows me as on 3G.  I've got my 'Preferred network type' set at 'GSM/WCDMA auto'. 

Good for you, but my country already phased out 3G, I can either on 4G or 2G