Jump to content

Warranty Service Slow and Poor Communication


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, toast said:

Wait, did you mean you are stuck with the wrong one you wrote about the other day, or did you recieve another phone thats not yours?

Another one that is not mine. But I'm not sending it back. Apart from the sim slot it's like new. And of course the -_-key and the power button which are kind of mweh. After 12 months of Unihertz Jelly 2, it is kinda hard to get used to the size. Keyboard took me about 10 minutes to get used to again. Memory muscle, the right kind 🙂 .

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DieBruine said:

Another one that is not mine. But I'm not sending it back. Apart from the sim slot it's like new. And of course the -_-key and the power button which are kind of mweh. After 12 months of Unihertz Jelly 2, it is kinda hard to get used to the size. Keyboard took me about 10 minutes to get used to again. Memory muscle, the right kind 🙂 .

Sweet lord, thats a customer service joke if I ever saw one. I mean.. the least that you could expect should be to get your own device back (or possibly a brand new one), and if something goes wrong, the second least thing should be to get back your own on the second try.. 

I wish you all the luck with this mysterious and somewhat working device.

 

 

@F(x)tec, please step up your game and atleast keep track of phones sent in for service, dont just throw them all into one and the same drawer and pick one up at random when time comes to return it...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, toast said:

@F(x)tec, please step up your game and atleast keep track of phones sent in for service, dont just throw them all into one and the same drawer and pick one up at random when time comes to return it...

It does indeed sound odd. But guessing here it just MIGHT be that they have combined parts of multiple devices deemed dead-beyond-repair to create a replacement unit. But it certainly does not sound good that it then comes back with keys not working correctly.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

It does indeed sound odd. But guessing here it just MIGHT be that they have combined parts of multiple devices deemed dead-beyond-repair to create a replacement unit. But it certainly does not sound good that it then comes back with keys not working correctly.

The thing is that any company interested in keeping its customers does not do this, especially not without explicitly asking the customer in question first.

Also, if the company ask the customer first and the customer says "sure, go ahead and use old parts from a pre-owned phone", then said company better make sure the parts they intend to use ACTUALLY WORK before putting them into said paying customers device.

This is so basic that it shouldnt even need to be said, but here I am, telling a company the pre-101 on how to carry out repairs. 

I have had alot of patience with this company with regards to them being small and lacking financial muscle, but seeing things like this on here, on more than one occasion, makes me start to question if they really wish to be in this business, or if its marely a side project, a hobby of theirs to pass the time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, toast said:

The thing is that any company interested in keeping its customers does not do this, especially not without explicitly asking the customer in question first.

Moving more into the guessing land, you must remember that they can not get a new Pro1, and that they (from what I seen users report in here) early on was unusually kind in just replacing phones on various errors. So they are likely to have a number of devices with some deffect they can potentially refurbish with a combination of new parts they can get, or used parts.

But indeed doing so, the resulting devices ought to be thoroughly tested before sent as replacements.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta step up to them. Yes, they are slow but they always have been very honest with me; the only ,problem' was they once sent me a replacement phone which was locked up (by google something) and could not be used at all. Helped by a forum member. But hey, it worked after that.

Then I bought a second back cover (because I'm stupid and broke off the fingerprint ribbon cable) and waited for the delivery for eternity. Yes, I tried to contact them several times, they even wanted me to cancel that order and send me the money back but I did not want that. Now all of the sudden they got back to me and sent me a replacement back cover and a new display and a battery as a ,sorry for your wait' sign.

I'm staying with these guys as long as they keep the company alive, they really try to keep to their words, even though they are just slow :))

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

And I am another who really has never been given any reason to complain about F(x) Tec's customer service. Yes there have been delays, but in fact the communication was good if you factor in that they don't say much if they don't actually have any news.  When there were delays, they were very clear that there would be delays and they didn't know how long.  I accepted that.  Certainly never got a Frankenphone back.  It's only my experience, but I am very happy with the CS I have received from this company.  Far better than anything I have received by any other phone company.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms