Share any progress in getting your Pro1X

5 minutes ago, toast said:

It is a scandinavian layout.
Sadly, I dont see a way of selling it unopened with a good conscience, seeing as people recieve Pro 1 X's with broken NFC, faulty speakers and even in the wrong color, appearantly..
Anyways, time will tell.

Well IF your unit proves to have faults and you have sold it unopened, you could clearly say to be in good faith, and any complaints be between FxTec and the new owner.

• Like 2
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you still haven't received one when all of batch #1 has shipped, you will have a reason to complain, and rest assured I will complain in case the phone I ordered in Sept 2019 won't come in batch #1

to bad the phone isn't blue....I don't even want to try and send it back so I can get the right one.  Also, 

It should be fairly easy to sell it for more than the customs amounts to. What key-layout have you requested? The Pro1s have had a high resale value on e.g. ebay used. And if unopened, it should be ev

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well IF your unit proves to have faults and you have sold it unopened, you could clearly say to be in good faith, and any complaints be between FxTec and the new owner.

Yes, FxTec has always applied the warranty to the hardware, not the owner.  They honor any warranty even if the unit has changed hands.

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

That is clearly what I would tell the poor fellow who potentially bought it, but that would not mean I would have a good conscience about it.
Anyways, we are getting a bit off topic, seeing as this thread is about progress in recieving a Pro 1 X, and in my case, there is absolutely no sign of progress at this point. Which should mean I have plenty of time to make up my mind 🙂

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, toast said:

It is a scandinavian layout.
Sadly, I dont see a way of selling it unopened with a good conscience, seeing as people recieve Pro 1 X's with broken NFC, lousy Wifi/data reception, faulty speakers and even in the wrong color, appearantly..
Anyways, time will tell.

One other thing on this before  we go.  We really need to wait until most people have these to determine scale.  Remember that people mostly come to forums when they have problems, rarely to say "wow, this is great, I don't need any help." 😄  So seems awful early to be considering whether selling your unopened Pro1x is ethical or not.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, pontresburlet said:

image.thumb.png.427b576384945de9e280d96600618021.pngto bad the phone isn't blue....I don't even want to try and send it back so I can get the right one.  Also, 

When I get my 2019 order which is supposed to come as a blue QWERTY 8/256 GB Pro¹X (no tracking confirmation yet; the 2020 order which *is* scheduled to arrive on Thursday is QWERTZ), I might be willing to swap, given it actually does come in blue. 

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, toast said:

May I ask on what declared amount?

I self-declared 741€, the amount I paid F(x)tec, ergo 177,84€ VAT.

Edited by ducksoup
Clarified that this was self-declared, not F(x)tec's declared amount
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have similar VAT rates, but with current exchange rates that's like half of what I've paid for the phone back in the day, OMFG 😐

Does anyone know if there's a way around this? Like if I'd show the customs how much I've actually paid for the product back in the day in my local currency they would deduct the tax based on that amount?

Edited by aquaz
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, aquaz said:

Does anyone know if there's a way around this? Like if I'd show the customs how much I've actually paid for the product back in the day in my local currency they would deduct the tax based on that amount?

Can't speak for wherever you are, but here in Finland they are very clear about that:  "In the case of customs declarations for release for free circulation, the conversion rates applied are those valid on the date when Customs accepts the customs declaration for the goods."

So at least here, no, you can't get around that unfortunately.

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Over at IGG, "Buffer Bear" was charged "UK. Duty of £51.45" so it seems to vary quite a bit...

I do not believe (without knowing for sure) that fxtec declares IGG perks at full market value, whereas @ducksoup declared it themselves at a full €741. This may be a part of the large difference?

Edited by toast
fixed tag.
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Hook said:

One other thing on this before  we go.  We really need to wait until most people have these to determine scale.  Remember that people mostly come to forums when they have problems, rarely to say "wow, this is great, I don't need any help." 😄  So seems awful early to be considering whether selling your unopened Pro1x is ethical or not.

I see what youre getting at, and I would be willing to agree. Although, that depends on how you look at things, I suppose. The coin always has two sides (if you dont count it landing on the edge 🙂 ). One could also argue that its very worrying that so few devices made it into the wild yet, and already we have this small plethora of things that are wrong with the recievers' devices.. But as you said, time will tell if its common or not.

Our customs service usually don't care about the amount declared by the sender - that happens very rarely. Usually they ask the buyer for receipt/invoice and they calculate VAT tax based on the amounts there. Since I was in the super early bird perk or whatever its name was I've paid a bit more so.. FML 😛