Pro1x - really poor connectivity to both wifi and cellular.

2 hours ago, Mysti-Que2020 said:

It does take a bit to call someone but I did finally change the setting for only CDMA. 

Other American users have reported that soon, all networking protocols prior to 4G will be shut down in the US. So this might not be a long-term solution ...

edit: As expected, @Hook was faster ... ūüėĄ

Edited by claude0001
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a response back, apparently it's something they are aware of and looking to come up with a patch very soon. So looks like it's a firmware issue, rather than a hardware issue thankfully.

Same.  I bet this is a radio firmware problem, not a radio hardware problem. I'm sure as more people get their devices, these kinks will get worked out.

Just had delivery of the Pro1x and it is a great phone, however the wifi and cellular data connectivity is appalling! I struggle to connect to a router that is only a few feet away, and my old cheap N

Posted Images

To be honest, shutting down everything but 4G and 5G seems like a really dumb idea to me, especially in the US, where there are lot of sparsely populated areas.  2G and 3G, fine, there's no real use for them anymore, but GSM still has the best coverage and is perfectly sufficient for (emergency) calls . For 4G, more antennas would be required, which I'm sure isn't a cheaper solution.

Edited by Scoopy
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Hook said:

Please share details on connecting to Verizon-- did you use a method posted here for the Pro1 or did you do something else?  I assumed you had a sim from a previous Verizon phone that you used?  What steps did you take.

I'm interested in whether there's something about the Pro1x that makes it easier than it seemed to be on the Pro1.

Do be aware that it might not last.  Verizon is becoming more aggressive about blocking non-approved phones, especially as they take down their CDMA network.  Keep us posted if anything happens.

Correct,  I already had an activated Sim card through Verizon.  The Sim card I have is about 3 years old and was a replacement for my unlocked blackberry key2le to work on the network.  When I first booted up the Pro1x,  I follow the prompts and then change the network settings to LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA which seems to work a little better than it was first originally selected.   I'm able to make phone calls and also receive them quicker but still noticeably slower than my other phone which was a galaxy s10e.   Texting has its ups and downs,  where it takes about 30 seconds to send or instantly.  I'm crossing my fingers that if Verizon is shutting the cdma towers it doesn't effect us or that will be some bullsh**! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Mysti-Que2020 said:

Correct,  I already had an activated Sim card through Verizon.  The Sim card I have is about 3 years old and was a replacement for my unlocked blackberry key2le to work on the network.  When I first booted up the Pro1x,  I follow the prompts and then change the network settings to LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA which seems to work a little better than it was first originally selected.   I'm able to make phone calls and also receive them quicker but still noticeably slower than my other phone which was a galaxy s10e.   Texting has its ups and downs,  where it takes about 30 seconds to send or instantly.  I'm crossing my fingers that if Verizon is shutting the cdma towers it doesn't effect us or that will be some bullsh**! 

Please do keep us posted, but might be good to do it in the dedicated thread here.  Just indicate that you have the Pro1 X and not the Pro1.

• Like 2

My whole area seems to be LTE with no CDMA bands that I can tell.  I tested my Pro1-X today using my SIM from a Pixel 2XL and left the network as whatever the default was.  It took a couple minutes to register the network for the first time, but then calls and text messages seemed to work just fine.

Only tested the Pro1-X for about 20-30 minutes today and didn't leave my house, but so far looks good on LTE.  My house has weak signal and often uses WiFi Calling, but for my testing I left WiFi Calling turned off and it seemed to work just as well if not slightly better than the 2XL.

What network?  I was testing mine with Verizon here in the US.  I made sure my VoWiFi was off during testing and it all worked well on my unit.  Connected via LTE and I think I allowed Enhanded Voice so would be VoLTE.