Jump to content

Pro1X for private sale


Recommended Posts

I am really wanting to purchase this phone, but I am not at all linux savvy, so I would be learning as I go, and I am nervous that my coverage will not be compatible. SO tempted to buy now, but am trying to hold off and watch and listen here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After seeing all the quick replies I decided I would open it up and just check it out (after finding a thingiverse possible case solution).  Everything works perfectly (well I haven't tried to charge

Well though I'm personally happy with my Pro1 (still waiting for the Pro1X), but that does not mean that everybody has to feel the same. So I don't see anything wrong in someone trying to find a new o

Alright, my findings: First of all, I decided to use the model from https://community.fxtec.com/profile/8210-ubuntuscofield/ (and only the bottom part, because I intend to use it in a leather book cas

Posted Images

6 hours ago, aMomarch said:

WHY? 

I don't understand those who have bought the phone and now that they have it, unopened, want to sell it? 

Also there could be some scalping involved. There where some early bird perks for like half the price. So selling it now does yield a nice profit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aMomarch said:

Ah, so people put money forth without knowing what the end product they were receiving would be?  I am new and was not thinking along those lines, that they'd sent money perhaps many months ago, and now do not want the phone after all, without having even opened the box.  That's the part that had me quizzical.

Much can change in peoples live in a couple of years. I see nothing wrong here - there could be a large number of different reasons.
Though as being one of the many still waiting, I can envy those that got it, and feel frustrated that it was not those that wants it that got it in the first wave, despite being in the first third of the super early birds.......

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will sell my Pro1x, yes, I will absolutely sell it to someone who would really appreciate the device.  Unfortunately this is not the device for me. 

Mine was delivered to my home in Billings, Montana on Monday, August 1, 2022.  I ordered it on the FX Technology Limited website on September 14, 2021. Darn straight it was for the keyboard, which I found very frustrating to both learn and utilize - just too wide.  Moreover, Verizon (20+ year customer) would not recognize the device, so I activated it on T-Mobile, which seemed to be inferior service to Verizon anyway, so see ya later Pro1x.

Anyway, guess what?  I actually sent the darn thing back to supposed two different addresses in the UK for a refund (as per 14 day policy).  This cost me $148USD to only have it come directly back to my home in Montana because some genius named Francisco from the company was pretty much useless to me from the start of an email chain until now.  I don't know what is the matter with people listening and/or paying attention anymore, but that guy has cost me time and money.

Whatever...I just want to get rid of the thing.  It is a beautiful phone - eyegasmic screen graphics and a camera that would rival any.  

My Pro1x has barely been used for maybe a week and/or a couple of hours.  I wonder what kind of offers are sincere and honest because I would ship it out quick. I spent $899USD + $148USD to have it come back to Montana.  I would rather deal with someone who really covets the device, instead of playing cat-and-mouse-tag with FX Tech, who probably wants me to go away.

Regards,

Greg Palmer

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wyoankh said:

I will sell my Pro1x, yes, I will absolutely sell it to someone who would really appreciate the device.  Unfortunately this is not the device for me. 

Mine was delivered to my home in Billings, Montana on Monday, August 1, 2022.  I ordered it on the FX Technology Limited website on September 14, 2021. Darn straight it was for the keyboard, which I found very frustrating to both learn and utilize - just too wide.  Moreover, Verizon (20+ year customer) would not recognize the device, so I activated it on T-Mobile, which seemed to be inferior service to Verizon anyway, so see ya later Pro1x.

Anyway, guess what?  I actually sent the darn thing back to supposed two different addresses in the UK for a refund (as per 14 day policy).  This cost me $148USD to only have it come directly back to my home in Montana because some genius named Francisco from the company was pretty much useless to me from the start of an email chain until now.  I don't know what is the matter with people listening and/or paying attention anymore, but that guy has cost me time and money.

Whatever...I just want to get rid of the thing.  It is a beautiful phone - eyegasmic screen graphics and a camera that would rival any.  

My Pro1x has barely been used for maybe a week and/or a couple of hours.  I wonder what kind of offers are sincere and honest because I would ship it out quick. I spent $899USD + $148USD to have it come back to Montana.  I would rather deal with someone who really covets the device, instead of playing cat-and-mouse-tag with FX Tech, who probably wants me to go away.

Regards,

Greg Palmer

You can get the Pro1 and Pro1X on Verizon to work perfectly. All you need to do is activate a different phone on Verizon's network, then swap the sim into the Pro1X, as the phone doesn't exist under Verizon's "Approved Devices List" which is why it wont let you activate it outright. Once you have swapped the sim Make a call using *#*#4636#*#* (Note sometimes this command can be a bit slow to respond, especially on a fresh boot). Once in that menu though Select Phone1 Information. "Set Preferred Network Type" to LTE Only. Scroll down a little bit and turn on "Mobile Radio Power", "VoLTE Provisioned", "Video Calling Provisioned", "Wifi Calling Provisioned" to on. Once all that is done restart the phone and you should be all set, at this point try making a phone call and it should work.

Hope this helps,
Matt

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Wyoankh said:

Anyway, guess what?  I actually sent the darn thing back to supposed two different addresses in the UK for a refund (as per 14 day policy).  This cost me $148USD to only have it come directly back to my home in Montana because some genius named Francisco from the company was pretty much useless to me from the start of an email chain until now.  I don't know what is the matter with people listening and/or paying attention anymore, but that guy has cost me time and money.

Very sad to hear that they (fxtec) cant help you to utilize their own 14 day return policy :(
Also, this is law in many countries (not sure about the US or particular states, though) when ordering outside of physical stores, so one would expect them to live up to it for this reason as well.

But to make sure I understand you correctly, are you saying that they (fxtec support, aka Francisco) gave you a faulty return address, and thats why the shipment bounced back? And this happened twice..?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, toast said:

Very sad to hear that they (fxtec) cant help you to utilize their own 14 day return policy 😞
Also, this is law in many countries (not sure about the US or particular states, though) when ordering outside of physical stores, so one would expect them to live up to it for this reason as well.

But to make sure I understand you correctly, are you saying that they (fxtec support, aka Francisco) gave you a faulty return address, and thats why the shipment bounced back? And this happened twice..?

I didn't stutter.  And I don't feel like contacting them or I might blow a fuse.  Just want the device to find a nice home.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, unknown_death said:

You can get the Pro1 and Pro1X on Verizon to work perfectly. All you need to do is activate a different phone on Verizon's network, then swap the sim into the Pro1X, as the phone doesn't exist under Verizon's "Approved Devices List" which is why it wont let you activate it outright. Once you have swapped the sim Make a call using *#*#4636#*#* (Note sometimes this command can be a bit slow to respond, especially on a fresh boot). Once in that menu though Select Phone1 Information. "Set Preferred Network Type" to LTE Only. Scroll down a little bit and turn on "Mobile Radio Power", "VoLTE Provisioned", "Video Calling Provisioned", "Wifi Calling Provisioned" to on. Once all that is done restart the phone and you should be all set, at this point try making a phone call and it should work.

Hope this helps,
Matt

 

 

You didn't listen either, which doesn't surprise me in this society anymore.  The keyboard is too wide, regardless.  Just want the device to find a welcoming home and fed plenty of electricity.  My goodness, people...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Wyoankh said:

You didn't listen either, which doesn't surprise me in this society anymore.  The keyboard is too wide, regardless.  Just want the device to find a welcoming home and fed plenty of electricity.  My goodness, people...

Sad story indeed....

I know the feeling of getting into the 'red field', and not wanting to waste any more time/or money to get things right, from dealing with other companies.

I'm awaiting a Pro1X, so not in the market for buying one. But hope yours will find a new owner soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2022 at 3:15 PM, unknown_death said:

You can get the Pro1 and Pro1X on Verizon to work perfectly. All you need to do is activate a different phone on Verizon's network, then swap the sim into the Pro1X, as the phone doesn't exist under Verizon's "Approved Devices List" which is why it wont let you activate it outright. Once you have swapped the sim Make a call using *#*#4636#*#* (Note sometimes this command can be a bit slow to respond, especially on a fresh boot). Once in that menu though Select Phone1 Information. "Set Preferred Network Type" to LTE Only. Scroll down a little bit and turn on "Mobile Radio Power", "VoLTE Provisioned", "Video Calling Provisioned", "Wifi Calling Provisioned" to on. Once all that is done restart the phone and you should be all set, at this point try making a phone call and it should work.

Hope this helps,
Matt

 

 

Hey Matt

ive tried what you have recommender but the below are all greyed out and not switchable.

  • VoLTE
  • Video Calling
  • WiFi Calling
  • EAB

how can we switch the radio buttons on?

 

""Cheers

G

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, velocity08 said:

Hey Matt

ive tried what you have recommender but the below are all greyed out and not switchable.

  • VoLTE
  • Video Calling
  • WiFi Calling
  • EAB

how can we switch the radio buttons on?

 

""Cheers

G

Have a look here:


Most likely it is a carrier-limitation, not white-listing the Pro1 / Pro1X

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, velocity08 said:

Hey Matt

ive tried what you have recommender but the below are all greyed out and not switchable.

  • VoLTE
  • Video Calling
  • WiFi Calling
  • EAB

how can we switch the radio buttons on?

 

""Cheers

G

So i pulled my sim out of my phone to figure it out, and too me it seems that the previous phone you activated didn't work. 

The most important step is to activate that sim in a "Verizon approved phone" and then remove the sim from the "verizon approved phone" after activation and then put it into the pro1. You should then see the radio buttons be toggleable. You may have to restart the phone after inserting the sim, and after toggling the settings on. (I went to my local verizon store and asked the employee if he could activate my sim in one of the phones in the store. He did that for me and then I stuck it in my messed with those settings and everything was great.)

There is more information on the thread that EskeRhan posted

Hope this helps

Matt

Edited by unknown_death
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Looking tot sell my Pro1X in/around the Netherlands.

It's a QWERTY 8gb ram /256gb storage.

Used it for 1 week, as good as new. No scratches or other damage.

Pics etc are available, let me know if you're intrested.

I'm not looking to make profit or so, its just not oke that a brand new device worth hundreds of dollars is not being used 😅

Please DM me if you're interested.

Grtz Serel.

Edited by Serel Snauw
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Pro1X for private sale
  • 1 month later...

Sadly, my Pro1X fell onto the ground. Now I have a phone with a broken display and a small bump on the backside. I tried to contact FXTEC to get spare parts but my request remains unanswered.

If anybody is interested in a damage one to repair it at a later time, feel free to make me an offer!

It is the 8/256 version with QWERTZ keyboard.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GoaSkin said:

Sadly, my Pro1X fell onto the ground. Now I have a phone with a broken display and a small bump on the backside. I tried to contact FXTEC to get spare parts but my request remains unanswered.

If anybody is interested in a damage one to repair it at a later time, feel free to make me an offer!

It is the 8/256 version with QWERTZ keyboard.

How long ago did you contact them?  It can take up to two weeks for them to get back to you (They get a high volume of email).

@Casey can you help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GoaSkin said:

Sadly, my Pro1X fell onto the ground. Now I have a phone with a broken display and a small bump on the backside. I tried to contact FXTEC to get spare parts but my request remains unanswered.

If anybody is interested in a damage one to repair it at a later time, feel free to make me an offer!

It is the 8/256 version with QWERTZ keyboard.

I don't know how broken it is but most likely it can be repaired.
If outer plastic part of the display (so the frame) is intact or only has a minor damage, a replacement screen made for "Elephone U Pro" would help you to have a working screen again... if also frame of the display was broken, you may also buy a display with frame from F(x)tec but you may have to wait a bit to deliver - also, it is the easiest way of replacing the whole screen.

If small bump at the back is really small, it may only be a cosmetic problem - hopefully it did not hurt battery inside...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The device still works. Just the glass is cracked but the screen output is there and the touch also works. No damage on the frame.

But are screens made for the Elephone U Pro really usable? Regarding another thread here, they're only usable with the Pro1 but not the Pro1X.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GoaSkin said:

The device still works. Just the glass is cracked but the screen output is there and the touch also works. No damage on the frame.

But are screens made for the Elephone U Pro really usable? Regarding another thread here, they're only usable with the Pro1 but not the Pro1X.

As far as I remember well, there was a thread about full display assembly (sold by F(x)tec) is not compatible between Pro1 and Pro1X as something had to be changed.

...but as far as I know, screen is still compatible, there is no different subversion of it.

One problem what has affected Pro1 about screen replacing is a different margin setting in screen's internal firmware but stock firmware has accommodated and one of the last firmwares has introduced an automatic setting of that value.
I think (and I hope) it was also incorporated in Pro1X's firmware.
If that would not been applied, you could not reach the most left / right area of the screen (maybe about half centimetres from long edges) but otherwise it would work (and that is only a configuration setting in display module).

Otherwise, displays from Aliexpress are not perfect, they usually have some missing pixels at one or two corners but otherwise they work really well and missing pixels at corners are not really a problem.

Anyway, I have dropped my Pro1 twice in a row in two days a few weeks ago after several years of not dropping it, once to a concrete (the material) part of the garden, then to the tiled floor of batchroom a day later... the last has caused my screen's glass to break but it still worked perfectly (display and touch functionality were both perfect), only there were a lot of spider-web in front of the display.
Now it is in stock condition again. 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2022 at 6:35 PM, Wyoankh said:

Mine was delivered to my home in Billings, Montana on Monday, August 1, 2022.  I ordered it on the FX Technology Limited website on September 14, 2021.

what???
I ordered in November 2020 on indiegogo and still don't have mine!
Maybe it's differences in selected options resulted in different availability.
Early Bird Pro1 X Sapphire Blue with 8GB Ram and 256GB
qwerty, lineageos

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brian K. White said:

what???
I ordered in November 2020 on indiegogo and still don't have mine!
Maybe it's differences in selected options resulted in different availability.
Early Bird Pro1 X Sapphire Blue with 8GB Ram and 256GB
qwerty, lineageos

There's no consistent relation between purchasing/backing date and delivery date; Fxtec told me there would have been some problems on the Chinese side with regard to the shipping order. I already have my October 2020 Indiegogo early bird order, but I still haven't received my September 2019 (!) Pro1 order (later changed to Pro1X)...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, I decided to other my device with the broken display on eBay with detailed photos of the screen and the casing:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/134334431474

The reason is I want neither to buy the Tech Bundle at Indiegogo for that huge price and to wait many more weeks until it arrives, nor make any experiments with compatible displays available at Aliexpress.

I ordered a new Sony Xperia 10 III for a very good price and going to use it with an official Sailfish X license.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms