IMEI Invalid when registering phone with MetroPCS (US)

Hey there,

I'm trying to get my phone working with MetroPCS in the United States, which runs off of T-Mobile's network. When trying to get the phone activated, it requests the IMEI number of the phone. I tried entering both IMEI numbers that come with this phone and both of them are showing invalid. When attempting to search for this IMEI on multiple different websites that show phone information, none of them recognize my IMEI numbers as valid. Did I get a bricked device?

8 minutes ago, michaelanteni said:

Hey there,

I'm trying to get my phone working with MetroPCS in the United States, which runs off of T-Mobile's network. When trying to get the phone activated, it requests the IMEI number of the phone. I tried entering both IMEI numbers that come with this phone and both of them are showing invalid. When attempting to search for this IMEI on multiple different websites that show phone information, none of them recognize my IMEI numbers as valid. Did I get a bricked device?

No.  Most sites  will tell you that because these IMEIs are not in their data bases.  There's a whole process F(X)Tec would have to go through to make that happen.  It doesn't mean the phone can't operate on their network,  You can try putting in the SIM. It may just work , or you may need to talk to customer service.  I believe people have been successful with T-Mobile itself. 

Check the first post in this thread and then read through the thread for details.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1