22 minutes ago, v6ak said:

Hello, I barely remember there was some promise of security updates. However, I would like to ask something a bit different: How often and how early does F(x)tec actually publish those security updates?

It's not clear, but if you want an official answer, you need to email [email protected].  Before the phone came out they projected security updates would come within 90 days of being released.  Since we currently have the September update, that clearly hasn't happened.  I would expect the upcoming OTA from IdeaLTE (their software developer) to bring us more up to date, but it too has been delayed by the Coronavirus.  I hope not much longer.  This may all go much smoother once they are caught up and phones are in general availability.

Again, none of this is official, just guesses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the answer. Actually, while the official statement could be useful, I rather wanted to see how much is the promise actually kept, which is something you answers.

Yes, unofficial info can be more valuable than official promise 😥

While I understand that 2019-nCoV might delay something, I don't see the impact on software development. Software can be developed when working from home.

30 minutes ago, v6ak said:

Thank you for the answer. Actually, while the official statement could be useful, I rather wanted to see how much is the promise actually kept, which is something you answers.

Yes, unofficial info can be more valuable than official promise 😥

While I understand that 2019-nCoV might delay something, I don't see the impact on software development. Software can be developed when working from home.

I can't find the source, but I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that that wasn't the case here, but I don't remember the specifics of why.  In the back of my mind, something about not having the setup for remote access to servers.  My guess would be security protocols (Intellectual property security) not being implemented for remote access, but I don't know. Anyway, for whatever reason, IdeaLTE has been out of action as well as the factories.

• Like 1