Now that LineageOS is working - has anyone tried /e/?

Hi again,

/e/ is based on LineageOS so it should work. Did anyone give it a try?

I tried compiling it myself but the resulting .zip file isn't flashable. I'm receiving

Error applying update: 26 (ErrorCode : : kDownloadMetadataSignatureMismatch)

when I try to sideload the .zip file. Guessing something went wrong during the compilation, but no error was reported. Wondered if anyone might have had more luck.

On 12/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, SteffenWi said:

Hi again,

/e/ is based on LineageOS so it should work. Did anyone give it a try?

I tried compiling it myself but the resulting .zip file isn't flashable. I'm receiving

Error applying update: 26 (ErrorCode : : kDownloadMetadataSignatureMismatch)

when I try to sideload the .zip file. Guessing something went wrong during the compilation, but no error was reported. Wondered if anyone might have had more luck.

I hope these links are some help. The answer is that you need a new TWRP, for community and experimental builds. The official build TWRP has signature checking, regardless of the unlocked bootloader.

Related to your issue, here on these forums is advice for the F(x)tec TWRP and experimental builds.

More recently, from the /e/ forums, there's this solution described by a user and the OnePlust 7TPro. The solution is similar to that described above, with his method of updating TWRP - tho' I caution you NOT to use his link for the OnePlus TWRP! 😉

https://community.e.foundation/t/unofficial-build-oneplus-7t-pro-hotdog-eos-q/21966/5

I myself, use a Galaxy S9+ with a home-build image of /e/ based on Android Q, but anticipate my March delivery of the Indygogo edition F(x)tec PRO¹, with Ubuntu Touch.

I hope this helps.

— Jeremiah

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cornelius said:

I hope these links are some help. The answer is that you need a new TWRP, for community and experimental builds. The official build TWRP has signature checking, regardless of the unlocked bootloader.

< SNIP >

Related to your issue, here on these forums is advice for the F(x)tec TWRP and experimental builds.

I myself, use a Galaxy S9+ with a home-build image of /e/ based on Android Q, but anticipate my March delivery of the Indygogo edition F(x)tec PRO¹, with Ubuntu Touch.

I hope this helps.

— Jeremiah

Also, I realized you probably can't just sideload the /e/ image!
You can follow the LineageOS instructions for F(x)tec and get a clean install from your self-built ROM:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1/install

Best,

— Jeremiah

• Like 1