Unofficial F(x)tec Discord

1 hour ago, ksal95 said:

Requesting desktop site from your phone or tablet has also worked in my experience in both Chrome and Firefox if you don't wish to install the Android app.

It works for FarceBook too. I refuse to install their spyware, so on the rare occasions when I feel compelled to access Farcebook for a minute, that's exactly what I do. For that matter, I have Brave (only browser I use anymore) set to Desktop Mode on my Droid 4 so it always requests the desktop site. They just look so much better in landscape. The Priv.....well, portrait. :O

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, silversolver said:

It works for FarceBook too. I refuse to install their spyware, so on the rare occasions when I feel compelled to access Farcebook for a minute, that's exactly what I do.

Only way I access Facebook lol, their app is a damn battery hog too!

Edited by ksal95
I cannot formulate sentences today.
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Well, that's one way to do it.....I wouldn't even trust it that much, but to each their own.

Ya, I disable the basic permissions for it to function then disable it when it's not in use, rather roundabout I know, but I'm not always near a computer.  Facebook's messaging on desktop mode on a phone is a nightmare as well, so this is the only reason I use it when my friend's refuse to text.

1 minute ago, ksal95 said:

Ya, I disable the basic permissions for it to function then disable it when it's not in use, rather roundabout I know, but I'm not always near a computer.  Facebook's messaging on desktop mode on a phone is a nightmare as well, so this is the only reason I use it when my friend's refuse to text.

Messenger in desktop mode is why I use it that way LOL. It is cumbersome on a marginally-specced device, though. My Droid 4 requires patience doing this. It also requires you to actually have it open.....but that's OK with me. :)

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, silversolver said:

Messenger in desktop mode is why I use it that way LOL. It is cumbersome on a marginally-specced device, though. My Droid 4 requires patience doing this. It also requires you to actually have it open.....but that's OK with me. 🙂

You have a keyboard though!  😆 It sucks on just a touchscreen!

Just now, ksal95 said:

You have a keyboard though!  😆 It sucks on just a touchscreen!

Ohhhhhhh.....yeah, that would be terrible. That is one of the reasons I insist on a physical keyboard.....aside from being FAR more efficient as an input device, it also uses zero screen real estate. It's wonderful. :)

You are getting one hopefully before Christmas, right? ;)

• Like 1