New keyboard phones coming

7 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

EDIT....this new sliding mechanism will be really good...you can use large 5row buttons on approx "small" phone.

Well I hope you are right, but if you look at their own video, he has troubles opening it. A normal slider requires the press to be somewhat precise at the middle or with two thumbs evenly on both sides. This mechanism seems to be even more picky here. But of course they might find a solution with a rod synchronising the two sides.

ADD: To quote my self from here

The mechanism do not look promising in my book. The problem being the classic problem for sliders, as the mechanism of the two sides is not coupled you must open&close it with even press at both sides. The inventor himself struggles in their own video (from 01:00 to 01:10 here) showing it of. But again, it is early, so they just MIGHT find a solution, coupling the two rails. If they can get it to work, it has the clear advantage over the Pro1 opened with a higher keyboard area, and no screen-edge just above the keys,

• Like 1
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Well I hope you are right, but if you look at their own video, he has troubles opening it. A normal slider requires the press to be somewhat precise at the middle or with two thumbs evenly on both sides. This mechanism seems to be even more picky here. But of course they might find a solution with a rod synchronising the two sides.

ADD: To quote my self from here

I personally hope it will be good, i could see it not being that bad. More important than being easy to open is if it will be steady when standing open, which i think they could pull off. Although it really does look like quite a difficult design to get right.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 3:34 AM, Kzin said:

I don't get this thumb typing thing... Have never used just my thumbs on the pro 1, or my old D4 for that matter, it would be so slow.

From reading about the Cosmo on other places seems the software has many bugs... sorry, many more bugs.

I type a lot [Laptops, Keyboard phones, but not Tablets]

The difference between typing on a Keyboard Phone w/Thumbs [SGH-T699, LG F3Q, etc] and everything else is where/how you can type. With Thumb Typing & a force rotation app, you can be laying  sideways in bed == more comfortable positions.

Laptop and Tablets require you to be sitting up and certain Tablet keyboard addons make your Tablet require a hard surface to the flimsy 'keyboard case' design ...even though the device is a "Mobile" Device.

Thumb typing on a tablet is terrible and usually works best with 4" phones and splitting (or put low priority keys in the midst) the keyboard for bigger screen phones...as Thumbs aren't long and people usually like to keep their hands on.

Other than that thumb typing on blackberry's portrait/Skyview keyboard [exclude Passport as its design was like 4" Slider w/Cube Screen] or T9 Numpad is uncomfortable compared to Landview Sliders. Most Thumb typers are keyboard phones...10-finger typers are mostly non-pocketable devices [Tablet/Laptop/Desktop/External Keyboards].

Edited by Lukong
  • Like 1