Fingerprint sometimes doesn't work as if too many attempts have been made? Way to enable unlimited fingerprint unlock attempts?

Is there a way to allow unlimited fingerprint sensor attempts with los17? Sometimes my fingerprint sensor works and other times it doesn't. I think it might be this issue: https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2509-lineageos-current-status-160-test-builds/?do=findComment&comment=45796
Apparently, if the phone is squeezed with keyboard closed, it registers a keypress, which wakes up screen and this interferes with fingerprint unlock. Is there any fix for this?
Edited by lawliett

The limit has a time-out, and if I remember right there has already been added a fix so that multiple attempts in very short succession does not count, that is basically what would would happen if you held the device on/close to the sensor.

• Like 1

Yes, I think it's a different issue since it's working normally now. Although I notice I have to squeeze somewhat hard on the reader for it to pick up my print properly. Is that normal? I only ask because on my samsung phone the lightest touch seemed to register with the reader very quickly.

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, lawliett said:

Yes, I think it's a different issue since it's working normally now. Although I notice I have to squeeze somewhat hard on the reader for it to pick up my print properly. Is that normal? I only ask because on my samsung phone the lightest touch seemed to register with the reader very quickly.

Normally only a light touch is needed on the Pro1 too, so you could have a hardware issue... :classic_sad:

Actually, light touches work, too. What's happening is that sometimes the reader doesn't register my fingerprint, so I instinctively feel I need to squeeze down harder on the reader to firmly press my fingerprint against it. If I lightly tap it, sometimes the fingerprint is read, sometimes it isn't. I think the issue is the placement of my finger, or maybe the reader is just a bit slower to unlock compared to the samsung phone, so I'm not used to it. Sometimes there's a slight delay between reading the print and hearing the sound of the phone unlocking.

Edited by lawliett

I think what you experiencing is the deliberately added delay to reduce the dreaded "Too many retries" that is quite common on stock.
The delay after an error, reduce the risk of the (from a human perspective) 'same' press of an accidental touch, to be registered as a series of failed retries.

Note that a case or shell practically eliminates accidental triggering the fingerprint reader.