Refund

I purchased a Pro1X in November but have not received any update about wherther my phone will ever been produced and delivered. I asked for a full refund (four emails in total over two weeks) but did not get any answer. Is there a way to have a response; and a refund!! Or do I need to start something more formal?

• Sad 1

Hi, don't worry too much. For some reason fxtec uses the dumbest support system on the planet.

The support tickets form a queue and they process the oldest tickets first. The problem is every time you reply this updates the ticket and thus your ticket is now the newest ticket in the system.

So very unintuitively your best bet to get a reply is to send an email and the wait patiently (several weeks, usually) without sending anything else in that email thread. Otherwise you're just bumping yourself to the back of the queue every time and support will never even see you ticket.

Before you ask, no idea why they don't have an auto-reply or something that explains this to their customers. Would have taken a few minutes to do it and made their customers a lot happier, but I digress..

Have you seen the updates here or on indiegogo? You're not getting your phone in 2021, it's delayed. If you have purchased the phone from the fxtec website, historically it has been possible to get a refund. On indiegogo probably impossible.

Edited by eldarion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, eldarion said:

Have you seen the updates here or on indiegogo? You're not getting your phone in 2021, it's delayed. If you have purchased the phone from the fxtec website, historically it has been possible to get a refund. On indiegogo probably impossible.

Indeed.
Splitting sticks: On indiegogo (like any other crowdfunding) we do not "purchase" an item, we make an "investment" and hope to get the perk we selected in return. But like buying shares (where we hope to be able to sell it later with a profit), there are no guarantees. The risk we take is why the price of a perk is usually substantially lower than doing a (pre)order on the same item.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1