Fingerprint Scanner

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

As an update, I thought I would try the latest version of Qfil to see what happens and it did not work either. 

Sahara Fail!

Thanks for the update.

This is a tricky one. It takes a couple of trial and errors to get pass this error.

Can you try uninstalling your current QPST package, then download the previous version of it. Make sure when you launch QFIL, you access it through your destination folder:

1. Go to the destination folder you downloaded the QPST package.
a. e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\ .
2. Inside the “bin” folder, find and launch the QFIL software (green circle with white
downward arrow).

Worse comes to worse, you'd have to send the unit to us and I'll flash it for you and send it back.

OK no joy I am afraid. The actual QFIL green arrow cannot be seen in the App Data / Roaming folder where it lives so I am having to access it from the Download folder. I will show some more screenshots. 

Thing is, if I know this has a 1 in 30 chance of working, I will keep trying it until it goes through. Just don't want to keep doing the same thing if it won't work. 

Do I need to ensure Sim Card is removed? Shall I try resetting phone and doing it from a fresh android start up screen? Just trying to think of ways to get it to go through. 

40 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The actual QFIL green arrow cannot be seen in the App Data / Roaming folder where it lives so I am having to access it from the Download folder. I will show some more screenshots. 

Can you make sure you've installed QPST package rather than QFIL standalone? 

Check this article here for ways to fix the sahara error, I'd focus on step 8 first: https://krispitech.com/how-to-fix-sahara-fail-error-in-qfil/

Thank you Casey. 

Sorry to clarify, I download the complete QPST package and then extract it which then gives me the all manor of things as well as the QFIL application. What is odd though is that the QFIL can only be accessed on the downloads folder of my C Drive and it does not show up in the actual Programme Files or App Data on the C Drive. Not sure if that could be the problem. But will read through the guide for sure.

• Sad 1

Hello all 

So good news and bad news!

I tried the alternative steps that @Caseykindly suggested but to no avail. So as I am determined to sort this out I wondered if it was my laptop so I factory rebooted it. 

It worked, using the original method. Sadly the fingerprint scanner still doesn't feature in the security options. 

Also oddly the device storage was locked at 8GB. So I resetted the Android to factory and went back to 256GB.

Did the flashing again and same thing 8GB max so reset Android and back to 256GB.

But at a loss now as to resolving the original issue but at least the flashing was finally achieved which is something. 

Not sure what to try next...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Hello all 

So good news and bad news!

I tried the alternative steps that @Caseykindly suggested but to no avail. So as I am determined to sort this out I wondered if it was my laptop so I factory rebooted it. 

It worked, using the original method. Sadly the fingerprint scanner still doesn't feature in the security options. 

Also oddly the device storage was locked at 8GB. So I resetted the Android to factory and went back to 256GB.

Did the flashing again and same thing 8GB max so reset Android and back to 256GB.

But at a loss now as to resolving the original issue but at least the flashing was finally achieved which is something. 

Not sure what to try next...

I recommend you take @Casey up on his offer.

16 hours ago, Casey said:

Worse comes to worse, you'd have to send the unit to us and I'll flash it for you and send it back.

I suspect you'll get a pretty fast turn around, especially if you share your ticket number with Casey. And your problem will be solved.  I had to send my Pro 1 to London twice and was very happy with the results both times. 🙂

• Like 3