Screen randomly going black for minutes-hours at a time

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anyone had this issue. At random, the screen just goes black. When I push the power button there's a still a vibration response and I can usually hear messages still coming in, but nothing happening on that screen. I just use this device for basic texting, talking, and internets, have some apps but don't game with it. I've been trying to find a pattern but . . . so far I'm not sure, it happens while plugged, when not plugged, at any battery level, when hot, when not hot, when I'm out walking when I'm sitting doing nothing and haven't touched it in hours. There is no visible damage to the screen and I have not dropped the device. Eventually with me holding the power button down, the device will restart and sometimes the screen comes back, sometimes not. 

Any way to fix this? Currently it's been in no screen (i.e. paperweight mode) all night long and this morning I can't get the screen to return at all. 

Edited to add: This is in regards to Pro1-X

Edited by verboten
adding phone type

This is just a guess but maybe the screen cable is failing or the connector is loose? I am afraid that you cannot confirm the issue without opening the phone. If you plan to open the phone maybe it is best to have spare part screen ready so you can change the screen if needed.

Also, do you have Pro1 or Pro1-X. If it is Pro1 you should be able to connect phone to TV with HDMI - USB C cable. Then you could check that phone is working even so that the screen is black.

These threads might be useful:

• Like 3

I had this once (after dropping the phone) and solved it by re-seating the screen connectors in the top unit of the phone.

Disassembling the top unit is quite easy. I've done it many times. Take a good look at the instructional videos before though.

• Like 4
On 8/16/2024 at 8:26 AM, claude0001 said:

I had this once (after dropping the phone) and solved it by re-seating the screen connectors in the top unit of the phone.

Disassembling the top unit is quite easy. I've done it many times. Take a good look at the instructional videos before though.

This is going to take a great deal of courage from me. I'm terrified of breaking it.