Final Word on Pro1X Screen-Edge Solutions?

Running stock Android 11, my screen edges sometimes won't respond, even while running EdgeNull in the background--I have to actually go to EdgeNull and turn it off and back on.

Interestingly, if I use a soft pointer for phones, I can get along better, but not always.

At any rate, I remember others, anecdotally, having better screen luck with Lineage. The learning curve of L's installation has made me hesitate (as a PDA, Android 11 works fine for me) but I think I'd do it if it promised better screen relief.

Can veteran L users here verify that this is the solution? If so, do you remember screen-edge issues on stock before you upgraded?

Thanks,

Jake

Edited by jakfish
  • jakfish changed the title to Final Word on Pro1X Screen-Edge Solutions?

Understanding that it has been a long time since I was on stock and that I didn't stay on stock on my Pro1x  long enough to test any of this... Edge Null never worked that well on my Pro 1.  LOS has worked consistently on both my Pro 1 and my Pro1x.  It lets you define one of four settings to determine your screen margin, none and 3 margin settings.  It's easy and effective (I use the first setting... a minimal margin that just prevents the edges from too  easily triggering something).

Whether that is worth the dance of setting up LOS to you, I don't know.  I've never had a lot of trouble setting it up, but some people seem to, mostly around cables, ports and the Google drivers.  I always use my Linux laptop (Manjaro) which handles all that fastboot and ADB stuff  perfectly right out of the box. Windows can be ornery with this stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Hook Very much appreciate you weighing in. I mostly run Manjaro on my machines and have one that's already communicated effectively with Android, so good to know that Linux is a more advanced starting spot for flashing (which I have never done). 

I may stiffen my spine and use the L word. The occasionally blank edges can drive me to distraction.

Thank goodness the install guides here are so thorough.

Jake

• Like 2