Love the PowerHorse configuration in full qwerty ... But Battery ???

And yes, 24/7 vpn + a linux vm in the background + tasker + auto sync with my home lab … i’m not a normal user… poor phone

I was following your concerns and totally understanding the desire for a larger battery, this is totally not necessary. Anyone can easily use any size battery you throw at them, just like storage or ram or cpu speed, and that’s what I’m seeing from this. For example, why would you ever need to run a linux vm? Why would you not run your linux instance on a machine somewhere in your virtual private network that you’re connected to 24/7? Why do you need to be waking up the phone to run tasker processes so often?

I’d totally be in favour of a larger battery, but I think you could be happy with the battery this device has if you just act a little smarter with the power you get.

I realise that my use make no sense, but because i’m use to, and i can, i don’t see why would i do othewise. I use the vpn to access home service that i wouldn’t want to see facing the open web, the vm to run local client who don’t have valid alternative on android, and tasker, aside from being my “on call alarm” is full of time saving automation i spend the last 9y setting up. Api call are what’s using batteries.

I’m not saying that this phone is bad because of it’s battery, it’s very reasonable and will suffice to most people. It’s just that it won’t be an upgrade and i’m ok with it.

Are you saying the VM is to run the VPN client? I'd be surprised if the android VPN client doesn't work.

I dont necesarilly see why it has to make the phone thicker.

Chen once pointed out, that if a battery is able to be taken out, there has to be a thicker frame/enclosure/protection around the cell, hence less room for the capacity. a removable battery has to meet security standards for being certified which differ from non-removable batteries.

Compare failing battery cells of phones: the ones which are removable don't expand to the same extend as 'internal' ones, because there is another enclosure around the cell to handle that mechanical stress.