QWERTZ - other european layouts than German

Hi!

QWERTZ layout is used around central EU and Germany. I have some questions about it. I'm from Hungary and we use some unique characters like "á, é, í, ó, ö, ő, ü, ű" . Generally, those with long accents cannot be described with a german QWERTZ. Gemini's PDA has HUN layout. Do you plan to do it too? I've already ordered a device. So if yes, is it possible to request such a keyboard layout? If now or nowadays it's unavailable, will we be able to change keyboard "vinyl" in the future? (Then the warranty remains?)

Thank you!

Oh you can do most of those with the German qwertZ as is, though I do not think ő, ű are included. (for other readers, these are NOT ö, ü, though hard to see in this font size). But I'm sure a software fix can be found for that, adding those somewhere.

They are considering a common layout for Scandinavian languages. I have no idea if there are enough (potential) buyers for other qwertZ using languages to make up for a dedicated print, but let us see the reactions your post generates.

They made a form for requesting qwertZ if you already placed a qwertY order: https://www.fxtec.com/request-qwertz/

Hi,

I have changed the layout to German QWERTZ because the primary QWERTY keyboard of Pro1 is shifted and I think it is highly problematic if one would like to use another layout(s).

In my old N900, I could use conveniently every Hungarian characters by using my own keymap, so I really hope a similar way of defining an own character mapping is also exists in Android system.

If so, I will do my own sooner or later...

So, I think a German QWERTZ keyboard is a much better starting point than the original shifted US version, however, I would choose that if it would be non-shifted as the two layouts I use are Hungarian and US and that way at least one of my keymaps would be printed on the keys.

This way it isn't really (I also prefer Y to be the same position like in the US keyboard).

There was a keyboard application for Android that worked for example, when I pressed 'u', I got 'u'. However, if I typed quickly twice, I got the letter 'ü' and if I pressed it three times, it became 'ű'. Unfortunately, I do not know what was the name of the application. It may be unavailable.