User manual

Does anyone have access to any form of user manual, not the basic set up instructions that came with the phone, I'm having issues with understanding all the features and keys on the physical keyboard 

Can anyone talk me through how to set up key assignments I just can't get them to work I am using Nova as my home launcher, when I try to assign a key to an app it keeps opening Google search!! 

20 minutes ago, Hidden30 said:

Can anyone talk me through how to set up key assignments I just can't get them to work I am using Nova as my home launcher, when I try to assign a key to an app it keeps opening Google search!! 

That feature only works when you use stock launcher, so it is not available under Nova launcher.

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 2

The keys with special functions include:

Esc: This has two functions; Android Back and also Wake from sleep.  Note it does not behave as Esc in applications under Android (but does in SailfishOS).

Fx [F(x)tec logo]: Android Home (No function in SailfishOS)

Fn [slanted yellow arrows]: Modifier key.  If no layout is selected in Android, it can be used to get / and ? with P and L, and also symbols normally associated with shift, as printed in yellow on the keyboard.  (SailfishOS uses this key as Right Alt for use as a modifier, for example used for 3rd level symbols with us-intl-altgr layout.)

NOTE: The included keyboard layouts in Android settings do not use the Fn key, however shift behaves traditionally.  An app called FinQwerty provides layouts (in multiple languages) that take advantage of this key specifically for our device while maintaining traditional shift behavior; another app called Keymapper allows you to map keys & combinations however you like.

Sym: No function yet.  (It can be seen by Android tho and mapped to functionality with apps, i.e. games, keymapper, etc).

Alt: Normally (left) Alt, but if you press and release it with no other keys you get emoji (which I haven't played with much or might elaborate).

I think that's it, the rest should be clear.

Edited by Craig
bold, sfos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2