[SOLVED] GPS problem

Hi

Just registered an account here since Fxtec support ([email protected]) seems to be ignoring me and I thought maybe community can give some tips here.

I am having trouble getting any GPS lock on my Pro1 and am wondering if its a hardware issue.

I've tried restarting the phone, switching the location on and off, switching airplane mode on and off, switching battery saver on and off. Today I downloaded GPS Toolbox and A-GPS data using it but it just says that it is searching for GPS location and does not find anything.

I have run out of ideas what to do here. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance

Edited by tonism
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply!

I live in Estonia.

Initially I was waiting couple of minutes before switching location back on. Later, when I was trying airplane more, I no longer had such patience and just launched Waze to see if it finds GPS or not.

After downloading A-GPS data with GPS Toolkit, I left it on the window and it is still looking for location. Must be hours since I put it there.

• Like 1

Yes, Wifi was enabled and during those minutes I was walking outside of my home wifi network coverage and back in again. Also connected using 4G so phone itself had internet access at all times.

Let me check, I'll walk for couple of minutes, see if the GPS Toolbox thing did something or not. I never had any GPS problems with other phones though 😕 

• Like 1