Screen Won't Turn On

Hey all,

I haven't had any problems with my Pro1 up until now, but my screen has stopped turning on, and I'm not quite sure how to fix it. I did what I had thought was a force reset (holding the power button and volume down button at the same time). It seems to have worked, as the music that was playing stopped, but the screen still will not turn on. I can tell that there is still power going to the screen, as I am able to plug the Pro1 into a charger and I see the red indicator light on the screen telling me that it's charging, yet nothing from the screen itself.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. 

• Sad 1

If you don't see any boot logo or anything, that is surely a hardware issue. I'm afraid it's time to talk to support. 😞

It is possible... I'd say likely... that it's just a loose connector. But you and support need to decide whether you should disassemble the device or let them do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, tdm said:

If you don't see any boot logo or anything, that is surely a hardware issue. I'm afraid it's time to talk to support. 😞

It is possible... I'd say likely... that it's just a loose connector. But you and support need to decide whether you should disassemble the device or let them do it.

They probably will want to send it back.

Try press and hold the power only for about 7s and release.
That should force it to restart, and that should show something on the display within a few seconds. If not it is almost certainly a hardware issue.
I assume we can rule out a completely flat battery, right?
If not attach it to the charger and leave it say half an hour, and retry the about 7s power-press. It should at the least show a logo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Turns out it was a loose pin. I went in with my basic iFixit tool kit, followed the steps in this PDF took off the screen, unplugged and re-plugged in the section that was marked LCD screen, put everything back as it was, and it works again.

Everything is back to normal and good to go (except for sending SMS, but that's a different problem having to do with Verizon).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5