Nothing special, just ... take-my-money and pitch yourselves more.

Hi, 

There's no good reason for me to post, I don't have one of your phones, yet. However I'm signing up on the indigogo tonight. 

Really all I want to say is that I just watched your interview on Linux for Everyone's YouTube channel. Right at the start Adrian says you wanted to bring back the hardware keyboard to a modern device. That line was brilliant ... I really think you should put that clip front and centre! The line completely hooked me as the same thing I've been hunting for ... I carry 2 phones, one of which is the BlackBerry key2, nuff said? No? Well otherwise I resurrected a sharp zaurus SL5500 for terminal joy at home. Have to say that Chen is a very, very convincing speaker too. Honestly I really do think a few minutes of you two talking is the best sales material ever.

Anyway, I'm getting one! And I'd like to do anything I can to help your phone be a success. All I can think of immediately is to suggest reviewers that I think would like your phone and be sensible. I assume you're sending a unit to LTT. Other YouTubers I'd suggest that aren't phone reviewers are DIYperks, Seytonic and ExplainingComputers. Otherwise I'd really recommend LateNightLinux which is a podcast.

That's all folks. Looking forward to getting my hands on the device - delayed gratification is so dull.

BW. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, specially because Linus audience is much different from the niche. It did get some exposure for us. I know some people responded in the comments there about the phone with interest while some just reiterated about old SoC and such. He knows how to make a show, he knows how to put parts together to build a PC....
However
He doesn't know (and didn't understand at the time) why the PRO¹ is stuck with a SnDr 835 (and not an 855). He isn't into keyboards, because he types just fine, etc...

Unfortunately, the camera software leaves a lot to desire when comparing to other flagship phones...
He gave a "meh" result which, for a niche product, is a "WoW" given how most niche products usually end up with "overpriced junk" rating from Linus.

I've seen the PRO¹ in some other shows, it even reached "This week in Linux" show; which I didn't expect. I'm not sure if it makes sense to reach ExplainingComputers, though.

Edited by brunoais
typo
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, brunoais said:

Yeah, specially because Linus audience is much different from the niche. It did get some exposure for us. I know some people responded in the comments there about the phone with interest while some just reiterated about old SoC and such. He knows how to make a show, he knows how to put parts together to build a PC....
However
He doesn't know (and didn't understand at the time) why the PRO¹ is stuck with a SnDr 835 (and not an 855). He isn't into keyboards, because he types just fine, etc...

Unfortunately, the camera software leaves a lot to desire when comparing to other flagship phones...
He gave a "meh" result which, for a niche product, is a "WoW" given how most niche products usually end up with "overpriced junk" rating from Linus.

I've seen the PRO¹ in some other shows, it even reached "This week in Linux" show; which I didn't expect. I'm not sure if it makes sense to reach ExplainingComputers, though.

Also we should not forget: Phone reviewers had to focus on small hardware changes! There wasn't anything besides that. In this function you will start to get picky about that stuff, and loose the sight for what is important. The SoC isn't really the limiting factor of phones nowadays. For most people it is the small screen or the touchscreen.

This phone does improve on both of this factors. But this doesn't anything for you if your job literally is to test new phone stuff. If you are writing code or even E-Mails (Like most people do) this does help!

• Thanks 2