Invasive back button

My back button keeps being activated at even the slightest touch to the bottom left corner of the screen, like if I'm resting the phone in my left hand for example. I use Edge Null but it doesn't seem to work on the system buttons.

Does anyone else have this issue or any suggestions? It's detecting a press from like a full inch from it's icon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's not an inch above, rather the bottom most left corner. If I hold it down the button highlight displays which should be it's fairly lenient hotbox but my finger is like 0.25" to the left of that.

Tried to screenshot it but sadly the highlight goes away as the shot it taken.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Sid said:

My back button keeps being activated

You could hide the navigation buttons and use an app that enables gesture navigation à la Android 10. I did that like a week after getting my Pro1 in January and never looked back.

Easier to navigate, more screen real estate for your apps. I found it's really hard to go back to navigation bar once you tasted gesture navigation.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Sid said:

How do I hide the nav bar?

It is a bit tricky, first you need to get that gesture app working which is a bit fiddly too. Then I believe it will guide you to a tutorial where you need to connect to a PC and run an adb command to hide the nav bar. It's a feature of that gesture control app but needs that adb command too.

Edited by Slion
3 hours ago, Sid said:

How do I hide the nav bar?

For stock Android Pie, you could try the solution @Slion linked above  Apart from that you could go for some of the Android 10 (AKA Q) distributions, where this option is build in, e.g. Lineage 17.1. (Settings►System►Gestures) You can start here to look at available alternatives.

• Like 1