Wired Ethernet via USB-C

Is there a way to get wired Ethernet working with the Pro1?

I'm considering getting BimmerCode to use with an Ethernet adapter, but tried the USB-C dongle I have (which works with my Chromecast /w Google TV), and it's not detecting any Ethernet connection.

I know I can just buy a wireless dongle but I already have the wired cable and want to use that if possible.

Edited by ToniCipriani
  • 1 year later...

I have got this combined card-reader, USB-hub, HDMI-adapter, and ethernet card:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B093FKT9BF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All features of that hub work out-of-the-box in LineageOS (16.0 over here, still).

That said, performance-wise, the Ethernet adapter does not even remotely reach the advertised 1 Gbit/s: iperf3 measures ~150 Mbit/s up and ~230 MBit/s down. On the same network, with the same peer, I easily get 300-400 MBit/s via the Pro1's WiFi ...

• Thanks 2

@claude0001so you have not tested it on andriod?

because i have andriod installed and want something to work on andriod

basically im not looking at speed, but sometimes i would need to connect to a network thats only has wired ethernet

Edited by kashif
  • Like 1

LineageOS 16.0 is basically Android Pie with the proprietary Google stuff removed. The Linux kernel is identical to the one shipping with the Pro1's Android OS. As it is the kernel that is doing all the hardware support, I would thus assume that a device that works in LOS 16 should work in Stock Android, too.

But, no, I haven't tested it. Sorry.

• Thanks 2

Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Just an update for those who would like to use usb c to Ethernet adapter.

the one i was trying to use and wouldn't work with Pro1 is the Belkins. it did works on samsung and nokia but wouldnt work with Pro1.

so now i bought this UGreen adapter. it works fine with pro1 and i get very good speed as well.

so the ones interested in it can try UGreen - https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B091T7LPJP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 3
2 hours ago, kashif said:

it works fine with pro1 and i get very good speed as well.

Interesting. Did you actually measure the data rate?

As I wrote above, I am stuck to around 200  Mbit/s with my UGreen ethernet, which is slower than the Pro1's wifi (but of course still fine for all everyday tasks).

• Like 1