Default notification sound not working

Hi Everyone:

The default notification sound is not working.  For example, if I go into settings/sounds/ and try to set the default ringtone, I can hear the options when I click on them.  The same is true for default alarm sound.  But, when I try to set the default notification sound, I don't hear anything.   I also don't hear any sound when a notification comes in.  All volumes seem to be up.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, haltriumph said:

Hi Everyone:

The default notification sound is not working.  For example, if I go into settings/sounds/ and try to set the default ringtone, I can hear the options when I click on them.  The same is true for default alarm sound.  But, when I try to set the default notification sound, I don't hear anything.   I also don't hear any sound when a notification comes in.  All volumes seem to be up.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Is this with any sound chosen or just the default sound?

If all sounds, check volume rocker and also check you didn't accidentally trigger the Do Not Disturb quick tile in the pull down notification shade (I've done that before).

Edited by Hook
  • Thanks 1