[SOLVED] Display stopped working after phone dropped

Hello, I have dropped my Pro1, which caused ugly dent in bottom cover.

Even though screen itself survived scratchless, it stopped working.

So I got into disassembly expecting something visibly broken inside, but I could not find anything. The only damage were scratches caused by me trying to get inside the phone 😀.

I knew the software was still working, because I could hear morning alarm and all kind of notification noises.

Than I noticed the screen replacement on AliExpress had the connector on the side, so this was the final solution:

I just disconnected and reconnected the side connector of the screen and magically it started working again - see the photo in attachment.

It took me several hours so maybe this will help someone else not to repeat my mistakes.

screen_conn.jpg

Edited by hostar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
24 minutes ago, hostar said:

I just disconnected and reconnected the side connector of the screen and magically it started working again - see the photo in attachment.

That is the only connector which directly  goes to the display, I think it started to loose maybe at the outer edge which is less visible.

I am glad it survived this drop with minor damages and the screen works well.
Anyway, the easy disassembly process helped a lot, it would not be easily possible on a regular phone...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1