Problem with hardware buttons (turn on/off volume) after disassembling

Hi,

i just received a package from fxtec with an replacing usb board and wanted to replace the old one. That worked quite easy, as I have disassembled the device twice before without problems. Now after I replaced it, I realized that the external hardware buttons (not the keyboard) like the power button and the volume buttons were completely pressed. It seems that there is no resistance from inside to be able to push the buttons. I disassembled it again and tried to see what the problem was but I dont know.

So either I "lost" something on all three buttons while disassembling it, or I don't know. My question would be if you have ever disassembled yours and remember how they look liked. I made some pictures for comparison. In all pictures I found so far I could not determine what is missing right now.

Or does anyone has a disassembled phone and could make some pictures for me. At least I would know if I am missing something? Even if I don't think so.

Long story short. I cant press the buttons anymore once the phone is assembled. I know that I could press them after disassembling and assembling it in the past.

20220706_172211.jpg

20220706_172217.jpg

20220706_172139.jpg

Edited by adidas88
  • Sad 1
  • adidas88 changed the title to Problem with hardware buttons (turn on/off volume) after disassembling
20 minutes ago, adidas88 said:

Or does anyone has a disassembled phone and could make some pictures for me.

I had to remove USB panel of my spare Pro1 so I have it currently disassembled (however soon it seems I will receive a replacement panel).

So I have tried to take some photos.

image.png.62275bdddcd1e2e6bb20f653d4986400.png

image.thumb.png.8735c85c5c4d56e6db50ddfb439a9f3d.png

image.thumb.png.f4615d3183fe6f28cdacbaa0ac3e3466.png

• Like 1

Okay. thank you very very much for the pictures. It seems that your buttons are completely coated in black with a little bump on it, am I right? On the Board side. This seems not to be the case on mine.

The housing looks exactly as mine.

If you press the buttons now with the case disassembled do you feel that they could touch the board or not?

33 minutes ago, adidas88 said:

It seems that your buttons are completely coated in black with a little bump on it, am I right? On the Board side. This seems not to be the case on mine.

Yes, but bear in mind it is an unused phone, so practically these buttons are in stock condition.

35 minutes ago, adidas88 said:

If you press the buttons now with the case disassembled do you feel that they could touch the board or not?

I feel the very same behaviour like pushing other metal membrane-like tactile buttons.

Some closer photos:
image.thumb.png.50eb039ceb6f8f77abbcb331d6192cd4.png

image.thumb.png.5a7717c088e27bfbe1390b1daf586104.png

image.thumb.png.b1c9c4b7b39fc478e6867fbdcbc564c4.png

• Thanks 1

@VaSzo Thank you very much for your pictures. They look different than my board.

@Jacob_s Thank you very much. This is exactly what could have happened. Bad luck waiting a couple of months on the spare parts and then destroying the buttons 😡

But does anyone know if I can start my phone without the buttons? because I replaced the battery and the usb board and took the buttons completely out of the housing so that they are not pressed. But then I tried to charge the phone and it should have worked if the red LED turned on, but this didnt happen. So I am thinking that maybe more is broken.

Or another question. What has all to be connected so I can start the phone? I assume the board itsself and the display? do I have to connect the housing as well? If not I could easily try to see when the board is powering up when I connect it via usb