Long term support/updates? Warranty?

F(x)tec is providing 2 years warranty and software updates "as long as they can". My warranty claim was processed without issues but in some cases there has been some delays. I think that most of them was caused by COVID-19 so maybe situation is better now regarding repairs. Great thing is also that you are able to purchase spare parts if needed.

Unfortunately, software support for Pro1 has already ended because there was some issues with the partner that F(x)tec used. Let's hope that situation will be better with Pro1-X. Never the less, F(x)tec is supporting custom ROM development so there are custom ROMs available like official Lineage OS (Android 12 currently).

6 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

F(x)tec is providing 2 years warranty and software updates "as long as they can". My warranty claim was processed without issues but in some cases there has been some delays. I think that most of them was caused by COVID-19 so maybe situation is better now regarding repairs. Great thing is also that you are able to purchase spare parts if needed.

Unfortunately, software support for Pro1 has already ended because there was some issues with the partner that F(x)tec used. Let's hope that situation will be better with Pro1-X. Never the less, F(x)tec is supporting custom ROM development so there are custom ROMs available like official Lineage OS (Android 12 currently).

A couple of clarifications. I am assuming the OP is talking about ordering a Pro1x (he says "pre-order).  The Pro1x has a one year warranty, not a two year warranty.  Also, while Lineage is definitely in development, it is not yet available for the Pro1x and we don't know an ETA yet.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Hook said:

A couple of clarifications. I am assuming the OP is talking about ordering a Pro1x (he says "pre-order).  The Pro1x has a one year warranty, not a two year warranty.  Also, while Lineage is definitely in development, it is not yet available for the Pro1x and we don't know an ETA yet.

I was actually not aware that Pro1-X has only 1 year warranty. I am so used to 2 year warranty here in Finland. Even iPhones have 2 years "fault liability" by law despite that Apple only provides 1 year.

Regarding Lineage OS I am pretty confident that Pro1-X will have official status later on. It can take some time and Pro1 did not have official status right away. It came little bit later after first builds.

31 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Regarding Lineage OS I am pretty confident that Pro1-X will have official status later on

I agree. I was merely reacting  to your wording that could be interpreted as Lineage is available for the Pro1x now.  🙂

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

I was actually not aware that Pro1-X has only 1 year warranty. I am so used to 2 year warranty here in Finland. Even iPhones have 2 years "fault liability" by law despite that Apple only provides 1 year.

Yeah, that's because it's required by EU law—not so much in post-Brexit UK, though, it would seem, when ordering from UK...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just keep in mind that CFW are here to stay, as long as the maintainer is still working on support for the device.

So, after F(x)tec ends support for that phone, you can switch to a CFW like LineageOS and go on with it for a few more years if you so choose. However, for the security side of thing, you'll still be vulnerable to CVE's that isn't mitigatable (is it a word?) without support from Qualcomm.

• Like 1