Pro1 X "US" and "US Intl. with dead keys" keyboard layouts (FinQwerty)

I´ve finally taken a look at the FinQwerty code and made a test build (attached) for myself that fixes...

• issue #22 – there was no colon in the U.S. for physical US QWERTY layout, a semicolon was produced instead

and implements...

• issue #23 – adds U.S. intl. with dead keys for physical US QWERTY and U.S. intl. with Fn dead keys for physical US QWERTY layouts which, unlike the Pro1 layouts on the Pro1 X, have correctly assigned L / ; and ? / : keys.

I've asked Anssi Hannula if he's interested in my changes. Until something happens there, I'm offering my test build attached to this post (for those who dare to download and install APKs from the internet, be aware of the risks). Please report bugs in those layouts if you find any! 

finqwerty-debug-rschr-20230320-2317.apk

P.S.: The app's version number is unchanged from Anssi Hannula's latest version (1.6.1). 

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 3/20/2023 at 7:08 PM, Rob. S. said:

I´ve finally taken a look at the FinQwerty code and made a test build (attached) for myself that fixes...

• issue #22 – there was no colon in the U.S. for physical US QWERTY layout, a semicolon was produced instead

and implements...

• issue #23 – adds U.S. intl. with dead keys for physical US QWERTY and U.S. intl. with Fn dead keys for physical US QWERTY layouts which, unlike the Pro1 layouts on the Pro1 X, have correctly assigned L / ; and ? / : keys.

I've asked Anssi Hannula if he's interested in my changes. Until something happens there, I'm offering my test build attached to this post (for those who dare to download and install APKs from the internet, be aware of the risks). Please report bugs in those layouts if you find any! 

finqwerty-debug-rschr-20230320-2317.apk 193.04 kB · 5 downloads

P.S.: The app's version number is unchanged from Anssi Hannula's latest version (1.6.1). 

Thank you for this.  I really wanted the simpler US for Physical Qwerty layout, but not having a colon was a show stopper.  I have no idea why this wasn't immediately fixed as it seems to be, essentially, a typo on the keymap, but Anassi may be buried in something else.

Your version works!

As long as I'm remaining on stock, Finqwerty is a lifesaver. (I do hope it won't be too long until I go to Lineage).

Thanks!

• Like 2