Cant install LinageOS 20

My Pro 1 X was on Android 11 when i tried to update
Steps done:

fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Then boot into recovery => wipe => update

When executing adb sideload lineage-20.0-20230420-nightly-pro1x-signed.zip i cant continue.

On Two different machines, i get two different errors:

On my Windows 10 machine, I get this when flashing the rom:
adb: failed to read command: connection reset

On my Windows 11 Machine, i get:

error: footer is wrong
error: signature verification failed

then the upload is stuck at 0%

I haven't had this happen, but according to the instructions linked below:

Tip: Normally, adb will report Total xfer: 1.00x, but in some cases, even if the process succeeds the output will stop at 47% and report adb: failed to read command: Success. In some cases it will report adb: failed to read command: No error or adb: failed to read command: Undefined error: 0 which is also fine.

Not sure if it applies to your case or not.

Did you try adb devices to make sure it was detecting the phone.  If it doesn't, you can try adb kill-server and the try adb devices again.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1x/install

• Thanks 1
On 4/23/2023 at 2:48 AM, Hook said:

I haven't had this happen, but according to the instructions linked below:

Not sure if it applies to your case or not.

Did you try adb devices to make sure it was detecting the phone.  If it doesn't, you can try adb kill-server and the try adb devices again.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1x/install

Its just aborting emidiatly.

The phone is found by ADB on both mashines.

What is the output of ADB devices?  Also, try, in recovery, selecting "Advanced" and tapping the option "Enable ADB". I've had to do that rarely when  doing sideloads.

In general, Windows is fussy with both Fastboot and ADB,  I've actually stopped using Windows for any of this (although I'm a Windows user).  When I took an old outdated Thinkpad and installed Manjaro Linux on it, it worked right out of the box and every time.  It came with Fastboot and ADB already installed annd you could use them from any folder because Linux knew where they were.

Not  saying that's your solution-- just letting you know that Windows is fussy and even though Fastboot worked, you may have to try different ports and/or different cables.  If you have USB 2.0 ports or a USB 2 Hub, they sometimes work better.

Sorry, I don't have a good answer for what's happening to you.

I Manged to install.
In the end i cannot say waht the exact problem is. I did two maijor things.

I used the WSL 2 to use linux with adb while forwarding the usb device to WSL. => this resulted in a bluescreen. However it might have scared windows into functioning well.

More likly is that i uninstalled all dirvers regard adb in the device manager. And reinstalled using the usb driver coming with the andriod studio.

• Like 1