How to recover files on "broken" Pro1

Hello everyone,

I was lucky and had my Pro1 for a quite a while and it was a nice adventure. However as there wasn't any support for newer androids I switched to Lineage which was also great. However some time ago (actually quite some months ago) my Pro1 didn't start anymore. It seems that it had a battery problem.
Long story short I got a new battery and another usb board to replace but my Pro1 doesn't load and it doesn't work anymore and frankly I also dont want to spend more time to "repair" it. Once and if I have my files back I will try to "sell" the parts away, but lets see when this will be.

My question is, if you know how to access the hard drive and everything else that is saved on the phone. Is there an easy way? Like if the drive is accessible and with an adapter? Or do I have to search for a "data recovery" company and if so is the Pro1 easy to recover for them or will they say that they never have seen such a device before.

Yeah. Thank you.

Can not say for sure, but I think it for security purposes is quite hard to get the information out if the OS will not boot.
If you can get it to boot into Fastboot-mode, you might be able to access the partitions though, and most likely it is the User partition you are after.

If you get that far, you will have to search for tools extracting from it.

This might link you to relevant info

• Thanks 1

No the device is not booting at all. I can't turn it on anymore. It's not charging.

I assume that besides the "support" of fxtec no smartphone repair shop could do it, right? Because it is not a standard smartphone.

Would it help to "extract" physically the drive and is there a mount possibility for it (via usb adapter etc...)? However then I would have to know which part exactly is the drive.

soo, desolder emmc and read it is possible, BUT...data are encrypted soo files will not be visible as on for example flash drive!

Soo better way is repair your mainboard . will be good to test first your mainboard with laboratory power supply. 

Edit: first test on lab supply...on low voltage for shorts and then normally on 3.7-4V...will it boots - backup data to sd card - dont use pc!

Or best will be test it on another fx precharged battery - only if on mobo is no short.

If not - will be needed to check power ic and maybe change it...i am not sure but this ic will be same as on galaxy s9.

Backup data from emmc storage is really really hard work - i cannot say impossible - yes it is possible...but it takes long time 😞

maybe i can help you if you are in eu

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Like 2