Random Crashing/Unresponsiveness on fresh LOS20 on Pro1X

So my Pro1x came last week and I spent time going through and getting LOS flashed and installed and apps transferred/installed.

I've run into an issue that I'm not sure if it's rom, hardware, or software. This setup basically mirrors what I'm running on my Oneplus 7Pro, so I know it is otherwise a functional setup.

Randomly my Pro1x will close an app back to desktop in the middle of using it like it's crashed, but I don't get any kind of indication that it's crashed and reopening works fine. Also sometimes it'll just go to a black screen, flash my background, and then flash back to a black screen. When this happens the only way I can seem to recover is either restart the device, or lock it with the power button, wait, and unlock and hopefully it's recovered back to my launcher.

I haven't yet done any rooting or magisk work yet so this is just LOS20 installed with MindTheGapps. At this point I'm not sure what is causing the issue, nor how I would start to track down logs on what this issue is. It's not constant but it's frequent enough it's hard to use the device for long periods.

You are sure you flashed LOS 20 for the Pro1x and nor the Pro1? You say randomly, so you can't pin this down to certain app?  Just trying to collect as much info as possible because this is not anything that has been reported.

I would start with a clean install, and only gradually add the apps you using. In the current installation it is close to impossible to guess what it is.

* Some app not working with the Pro1X for what ever reason?

* LOS has some issues on the Pro1X?

* The Pro1X is faulty?

If it works 'clean', then we know it is something with an app. Try to install by 'binary search', that is install half the apps, if they work repeat with half of the rest. If it does not work, uninstall, and install the other half - repeat to you got most of your apps in, in a working state.

21 hours ago, Hook said:

You are sure you flashed LOS 20 for the Pro1x and nor the Pro1? You say randomly, so you can't pin this down to certain app?  Just trying to collect as much info as possible because this is not anything that has been reported.

Yup, positive. I even ensured it was a factory flash with QFIL before flashing LOS the second time, the first install of LOS had a lot of weird stuff that seemed wrong. I've had it happen with instagram, facebook, and tumblr apps at least - I haven't used much else with any regularity to see if it is prevalent in others yet. OF course, as it does, things haven't crashed since I posted this yesterday either.

19 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I would start with a clean install, and only gradually add the apps you using. In the current installation it is close to impossible to guess what it is.

* Some app not working with the Pro1X for what ever reason?

* LOS has some issues on the Pro1X?

* The Pro1X is faulty?

If it works 'clean', then we know it is something with an app. Try to install by 'binary search', that is install half the apps, if they work repeat with half of the rest. If it does not work, uninstall, and install the other half - repeat to you got most of your apps in, in a working state.

That's part of why I was asking too, if there's some kind of logging I may be missing, I can use that to hopefully bring some clues. Of course so far it's been stable since I posted this. If it stabilizes I'm less concerned, but if the issues continue I think it's what I'll have to do.

37 minutes ago, Hook said:

Could be another explanation for why I haven't seen it.  😉

Guilty pleasures and all that. I've been bouncing between this Pro1X and my OP7 Pro (my current DD phone) trying to make the Pro1x work. Once this is figured out, I need to dig into how to enable safetynet/etc so the few apps that require it can be installed/setup.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

These issues seem to be *mostly* solved with latest updates - I've been trying for 2 days now to replicate the random C2D issues and so far have been unable to replicate it anymore. I was able to pull a crash log from android shortly after it happened again about 10 days ago. I don't know in what way it would be useful, but it's there at least.

Now I just need to figure out how to properly get SafetyNet stuff configured so I can try migrating again. I tried ih8sn but that seems to be unsuccessful.

• Like 1