Default Pro1X launcher (quickstep) not displaying labels in landscape mode

Posted (edited)

I have been trying to get the ChatGPT app to work on my rooted Pro1X.  For a while now, it would show as unavailable in the Play Store (presumably because it is rooted, as per online sources).  Today, I saw that it was finally available.  However, after installing it, when I try to log in, I get an error "Something went wrong".  It also mentions checking the date and time, etc.

When trying to get this working, I somehow reset something (I was resetting Google play store and play services and various other settings that others online have done in order to get the app to work).  Now, when I am in landscape mode, the labels don't show on the home screens.  I'm pretty sure I have had labels in landscape mode before, but I could be wrong.

Do other people have labels in landscape mode, using stock android, with the Quickstep launcher?

If you do, do you know how to enable and disable them?

Bonus question:  Has anyone succeeded in installing and logging into and using the ChatGPT app on a Pro1X?

Edited by EskeRahn
(added "Pro1X" to title)
  • Sad 1

Labels are there in both landscape and portrait with the default QuickStep launcher on Pro1. But not so on the (different) QuickStep on the Pro1X.

• Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Default Pro1X launcher (quickstep) not displaying labels in landscape mode
On 5/21/2024 at 3:03 AM, EskeRahn said:

Labels are there in both landscape and portrait with the default QuickStep launcher on Pro1. But not so on the (different) QuickStep on the Pro1X.

That would explain it.  My guess is when I migrated from my pro to my pro1x, the settings for quickstep came along.  So even though you can't set it, the behavior was still able to work on the Pro1X.  Either Google's built in backup had the setting, or my restore from titanium backup did it.

• Like 1