• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see a keyboard on either of those phones on the page you linked to.

It would be nice if a major carrier approaches them and wants to sell the phone through their website too. The more they sell, the better chance there will be of future phones from them or others and more choices for consumers.

I am still on the edge (no pun intended). I am trying to convince myself. The reality is that I will need some way to protect the phone when being transported and either be extremely careful not to drop it when using it or hope that some way materializes for a case to be purchased for the phone.

As for being transported, it looks like the best option will be a belt pouch with a flap over the top. There are some companies that make them various sizes and one of those should fit this phone reasonably well.

Vertical, Rotating, Magnetic, Belt Holster

img-pmpverxlext-hdm-dual._960__33060.142

That particular one is 6 inches (152.4 mm) tall. The Pro 1 is 1/16" (1.6 mm) taller than that, but hopefully there is enough room for it to fit. The other option from that company is to move up to a 6.75" long version that is also wider. That seems like it would be huge on my hip. :-/ If a case does materialize for the phone, then a longer pouch might be needed as well.

There are other companies that make things that you stick on the back of the phone and that either snaps into the piece on the belt or includes the whole belt clip too.

Universal holder with quick mount

618tsKjay7L._SL1000_.jpg

The problem with that approach is that the screen faces outward without any protection. I broke the screen twice on my T-Mobile G2 (HTC Desire Z/HTC Vision) while getting into the car, when it hit the seat belt latch. The belt holster sold by T-Mobile for the Galaxy S Relay 4G (SGH-T699) had the phone facing toward the body, with the screen being protected by the piece of plastic on the belt clip that the phone slid into.

91HNNFZqkIL._SL1500_.jpg

That design is the best, in my opinion, for anyone who wears a belt. Easy to put the phone into and take it out. It only takes up as much room on your hip as the size of the phone. The screen is protected. The belt clip pivots so it won't break if you bump into something or are pressed against something while sitting. The only problem with it is that the plastic clips that keep the case on the bottom part of the phone and on the screen part of the phone break off and then those pieces won't stay in place. I am on my last case right now (I purchased a number of them over the years) and it is being held on with double sided tape. The side of the belt holster broke last week and I can't use the holster anymore, so I had to order a pouch style online.

I posted a reply, but after I edited it, it won't show up anymore on my end and it won't let me repost it, because it thinks it is a duplicate. :-)

I didn't see a keyboard on either of those phones on the page you linked to.

It would be nice if a major carrier approaches them and wants to sell the phone through their website too. The more they sell, the better chance there will be of future phones from them or others and more choices for consumers.

I am still on the edge (no pun intended). I am trying to convince myself. The reality is that I will need some way to protect the phone when being transported and either be extremely careful not to drop it when using it or hope that some way materializes for a case to be purchased for the phone.

As for being transported, it looks like the best option will be a belt pouch with a flap over the top. There are some companies that make them various sizes and one of those should fit this phone reasonably well.

Vertical, Rotating, Magnetic, Belt Holster

img-pmpverxlext-hdm-dual._960__33060.142

That particular one is 6 inches (152.4 mm) tall. The Pro 1 is 1/16" (1.6 mm) taller than that, but hopefully there is enough room for it to fit. The other option from that company is to move up to a 6.75" long version that is also wider. That seems like it would be huge on my hip. :-/ If a case does materialize for the phone, then a longer pouch might be needed as well.

There are other companies that make things that you stick on the back of the phone and that either snaps into the piece on the belt or includes the whole belt clip too.

Universal holder with quick mount

618tsKjay7L._SL1000_.jpg

The problem with that approach is that the screen faces outward without any protection. I broke the screen twice on my T-Mobile G2 (HTC Desire Z/HTC Vision) while getting into the car, when it hit the seat belt latch. The belt holster sold by T-Mobile for the Galaxy S Relay 4G (SGH-T699) had the phone facing toward the body, with the screen being protected by the piece of plastic on the belt clip that the phone slid into.

91HNNFZqkIL._SL1500_.jpg

That design is the best, in my opinion, for anyone who wears a belt. Easy to put the phone into and take it out. It only takes up as much room on your hip as the size of the phone. The screen is protected. The belt clip pivots so it won't break if you bump into something or are pressed against something while sitting. The only problem with it is that the plastic clips that keep the case on the bottom part of the phone and on the screen part of the phone break off and then those pieces won't stay in place. I am on my last case right now (I purchased a number of them over the years) and it is being held on with double sided tape. The side of the belt holster broke last week and I can't use the holster anymore, so I had to order a pouch style online.

I wonder if their idea of a "case" is something for protecting the phone or if it is for transporting the phone. At least it is something.