I know this phone supports the bands needed to run on Sprint, but does anyone know which model sim is needed?

Kinda worried as an unknown device if it will activate on the network

You mean what size sim card? It's nanoSIM. Or do you mean something else?

I know this phone supports the bands needed to run on Sprint, but does anyone know which model sim is needed?

You mean what size sim card? It’s nanoSIM. Or do you mean something else?

No not size. Model number. For example, a pixel 2 would need simglw416c card. Spint makes dozens of different sims compatible with different sets of phones. But they're not interchangable

No not size. Model number. For example, a pixel 2 would need simglw416c card. Spint makes dozens of different sims compatible with different sets of phones. But they’re not interchangable

Ah ok. My only sprint phone is Photon Q, and it's sim is internal. But I am seriously considering activating Pro1 on a sprint MVNO (tello) as they have the best deal I can find ($6/month for 100mins voice and 1GB LTE, unlimited 2G). I just ordered a freedompop gsm sim card for it, I plan to try dual SIM, will use the AT&T data when no Sprint/Verizon coverage, etc. I already use google voice as my primary number so don't care about provider assigned voice #s.

So if you find out this information, please be sure to share, as I'll probably need it if I decide to order that Tello SIM card...

No not size. Model number. For example, a pixel 2 would need simglw416c card. Spint makes dozens of different sims compatible with different sets of phones. But they’re not interchangable

Ah ok. My only sprint phone is Photon Q, and it’s sim is internal. But I am seriously considering activating Pro1 on a sprint MVNO (tello) as they have the best deal I can find ($6/month for 100mins voice and 1GB LTE, unlimited 2G). I just ordered a freedompop gsm sim card for it, I plan to try dual SIM, will use the AT&T data when no Sprint/Verizon coverage, etc. I already use google voice as my primary number so don’t care about provider assigned voice #s.

So if you find out this information, please be sure to share, as I’ll probably need it if I decide to order that Tello SIM card…

I'm on Sprint BYOD 1 year free promo right now and was going to move to tello near the end of the year when it expires. This is important info the team needs to release... Need to know which sim model. I already emailed and tweeted them, no reply yet

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm going through this with Sprint now.

Using a SIM activated for an iPhone 6s I can get data for a bit but calls don't work. It transfers me to an operator to pay for any calls; even calls to 611. After a few minutes the SIM locks and the data stops.

A franchise store was unable to activate it by IMEI but gave me a handful of SIMs to try activating with the phone CSRs. The Sprint 611 CSRs seem to think the phone is carrier locked. I'm going to try one of their corporate stores in person tomorrow to show it's not.

For reference my $35/mo Sprint plan if I want a T-Mobile SIM has to be transferred to a T-Mobile's plan structure now which comes out to $80/mo the franchise store said.

I tried to activate mine on Sprint the other day by swapping the sim from my Moto Z2 and it seemed to pick up the number but kept complaining the sim was locked. Tried to get Sprint support to add the IMEI to their database so I could activate it with no luck. My plan is to just switch to T-Mobile over the next few days and activate it there.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, D1ggs said:

3G CDMA needs to hurry up and die already. 

It is definitely dying. I suspect they won't make the deadline of the end of the year, but not a time to be dependent on CDMA on a BYOD phone.  The question is, will they get LTE coverage out to rural areas still serviced by CDMA before making the transition?

On 8/5/2020 at 3:15 PM, Hook said:

It is definitely dying. I suspect they won't make the deadline of the end of the year, but not a time to be dependent on CDMA on a BYOD phone.  The question is, will they get LTE coverage out to rural areas still serviced by CDMA before making the transition?

OH absolutely. It will basically 4g everywhere and LTE with more bands will be a dream!