Questions about hotspot, camera and hdmi

`Hi Guys

Just want to know if anyone can answer these questions for me.

1- Does Pro1 supports hotspot tethering?

2-Does the main camera is good in taking macro shots i.e. taking photos of the documents? i understand it has autofocus camera.

3-With the usb c HDMI output capability, how will it charge while connected to output device since it doesnt have wireless charging and usb c is already connected to output. will it charge via HDMI output cable?

Many thanks for your help

1- Does Pro1 supports hotspot tethering?

Definitely, this is a standard Android feature and will work on the Pro1 just as it works on any other modern smartphone.

2-Does the main camera is good in taking macro shots i.e. taking photos of the documents? i understand it has autofocus camera.

The second page of the post anonim001 mentioned shows how close it can focus: https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/fxtec-pro1-sample-shots-compare-with-hmd-nokia-8-1/page/2/

For documents this should be more than adequate, the camera sensor is the same one as Pixel 3 phone and should definitely take great photos.

3-With the usb c HDMI output capability, how will it charge while connected to output device since it doesnt have wireless charging and usb c is already connected to output. will it charge via HDMI output cable?

Someone in the unofficial Discord chatroom who is going to the fxtec event in NYC may be able to bring a small monitor and try the HDMI+charging with an adaptor similar to what Craigh linked. If I do not forget will update this thread with any results told.

Man... again trying to figure where to type in this sea of white.

Just a comment... the hotspot question is semi-valid. Although it's a standard android feature, its one that is sometimes disabled due to carrier restrictions, The carriers often make changes to AOSP so they can monitor if you're tethering and charge you extra, etc. This is in fact one reason some people root or run custom roms, to enable tethering to make it look like regular mobile data.

But that is usually only on carrier provided phones, etc, not retail versions direct from mfg like Pro1, so I would think 99.9% chance it'll be enabled by default.