Auto-Rotate Getting Stuck.

Been using Pro1 for over 6 weeks and rotation only got stuck 3 times. Funny enough those 3 times happened within 4 days. It looks like there is indeed a problem but luckily for me it does not trigger so often here. I had to reboot the phone to get it working again.

3 hours ago, Slion said:

Been using Pro1 for over 6 weeks and rotation only got stuck 3 times. Funny enough those 3 times happened within 4 days. It looks like there is indeed a problem but luckily for me it does not trigger so often here. I had to reboot the phone to get it working again.

Next time try launching a program that ignores your auto-rotate setting, And rotate the Pro1 back and forth within the app. e.g. the snapdragon camera app or AndroSensor.

It usually solves it for me.

• Thanks 2
On 3/12/2020 at 9:27 AM, EskeRahn said:

Next time try launching a program that ignores your auto-rotate setting, And rotate the Pro1 back and forth within the app. e.g. the snapdragon camera app or AndroSensor.

Indeed, just ran across that problem again and launching the camera app saved me a reboot.

• Like 1

I'm guessing it could be some apps that are misbehaving. I'm still getting the "Recent Items" screen popping up when I open the slider and the only way to clear it is to restart.
I'm beginning to suspect K-9 Mail is one of the apps responsible for that. Without root there's no way to find out what's still running hidden in the background.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

On top of the rotation getting stuck it also keeps bringing up the virtual keyboard even though the physical keyboard is open. It's been working fine for like 6 months but now really acting up. I'm starting to understand the frustrations other users have expressed on those forums.

It has something to do with the opening and closing of the keyboard. Maybe I can implement another workaround in Fx Service.

Edited by Slion
  • Sad 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...