I have a "head turning" hardware issue. What should I do?

I can't decide if I like it since it adds character or if it is mildly infuriating and will keep me up at night.

I guess it would be an easy fix that I could do myself but then I have to take the stickers off the screws. It also does not effect the usage of the keyboard and everyone that I showed it found it hilarious 😄

iMarkup_20200125_133752.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8
3 minutes ago, Flo said:

I can't decide if I like it since it adds character or if it is mildly infuriating and will keep me up at night.

In my opinion it adds rotates character. I had no idea the keycaps were individual separate things, that's quite nice actually.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Flo said:

I guess it would be an easy fix that I could do myself but then I have to take the stickers off the screws. It also does not effect the usage of the keyboard and everyone that I showed it found it hilarious 😄

I thought keyboard mat is in one piece but maybe it isn't.

Hmm, if it is in one piece, F(x)tec may send a replacement part and maybe replacement stickers, but...
...in the world of money, I think these special differences make it worth even more. :classic_biggrin:
I am not sure about technical devices though. :classic_tongue:

• Like 2

Will give you mine for exchange, it´s a one-of-a-kind. 

I would not recommend to take it apart to peel of the button and reseat it. As far as I can tell, single Buttons are not meant to be replaced/torn off.

Edited by Noir
  • Like 3
38 minutes ago, Noir said:

Will give you mine for exchange, it´s a one-of-a-kind.

Thanks for the offer but I think I will keep it like this 🙂 

I wish the shortcuts could also be used for other things besides launching apps. Would love to map it to rotating the screen.

• Like 2

If  it was me, I would ask them to send you a corrected keyboard and then you'll have a spare in case the original one wears out or the letters wear off.  That seems fair, since you do have a defect.  However, I'd use it and think fondly of it, as others have said, by being unique and also a reminder of the special nature of the phone, in general.  And each time you see the upside down 3, it will be a reminder for you to send negative karma to Steve Jobs, wherever he may be, for putting all of us keyboard lovers in this minority situation. 😉

Edited by david
  • Like 3