First Use Questions: Help Please

1. Can someone point me to the APN set up link/instructions?
  2. Why is there no shutter sound with the camera? It's turned on and all the other sounds/notifications work.
  3. I have tried searching the forum to find this, but is there a way/mod/app to get back my old nav buttons at the bottom
3 minutes ago, sequestris said:

4) Is there any way to revert to classic icons without the white circle around them?

Only partly pure stock, the icon uglification is a fairly new google 'feature'. Hold anywhere in the background on hte desktop, Home Settings, Change Icon shape.

Some launchers allow you to get real icons back. Overruling Google.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Rephrase: Incoming MMS works, outgoing does not.

Are you sending to someone else on T-Mobile?  Maybe try multiple people to see if it is some oddity with the from/to provider.  There are also settings for MMS in a lot of texting apps, so maybe there is a setting that needs to be messed with.

I won't be able to test mine for texting until sometime in the next week, most likely, since I only have an non-activated SIM of the right size for the Pro1 and need to leave my other bigger SIM active in my old phone until I make the final leap to using the Pro1 fully.

On outgoing MMS, make sure to test with something very simple like emoji, or a very reduced image. Some have a low limit on image size, and do NOT offer to compress the image, but expects that you or your mms app handles that.

• Like 2

@EskeRahn and @david
Thanks for all your help.
I had a ginasty headache last night and was just getting frustrated.

I had taken screenshots of the APN settings that you had requested and on a whim I sent them to my other phone and sending them as MMS worked.
Then I did a reverse to test receipt and it received just fine too.
No clue.

@davidThanks for the link for the TPU bumper; I ordered one.

Edited by sequestris
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, sequestris said:

@EskeRahn and @david
Thanks for all your help.
I had a ginasty headache last night and was just getting frustrated.

I had taken screenshots of the APN settings that you had requested and on a whim I sent them to my other phone and sending them as MMS worked.
Then I did a reverse to test receipt and it received just fine too.
No clue.

@davidThanks for the link for the TPU bumper; I ordered one.

My guess is the size. It is not uncommon with a limit of 300KB or even lower. So try sending small images.

Some message apps like e.g. Textra allows you to control the limit, and compress if needed. This might render the result useless as details gets lost, but at the least it gets through.

And different carriers have different limits. And at the least in theory could use different limits to other users in their own net and forwarding them to other nets.

You might try to experiment sending MMS to a mail-address also

• Like 2
14 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Only partly pure stock, the icon uglification is a fairly new google 'feature'. Hold anywhere in the background on hte desktop, Home Settings, Change Icon shape.

Some launchers allow you to get real icons back. Overruling Google.

I tried 4 different launchers and they all choked. Upside is Google refunded.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sequestris said:

That's what I was doing - the sendto gmail.

Ah I see. And in the mail recieved ithe sender looks like an mms and not a normal mail? (Please note reply FROM mail TO MMS seldom works)

You could experiment to find the limit the carrier accepts as incoming. The next is what their limit is for outgoing to various recipient networks....

3 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Ah I see. And in the mail recieved ithe sender looks like an mms and not a normal mail? (Please note reply FROM mail TO MMS seldom works)

You could experiment to find the limit the carrier accepts as incoming. The next is what their limit is for outgoing to various recipient networks....

I have never done the reply FROM thing so I think that is a non-issue for me.