Too high handset volume.

Hello. Has anybody found a solution of way too high handset volume? Even if I lower volume to the end, it's still almost hurting my ears (and all the people around can hear the person I am talking to). I tried modifying of /vendor/ets/mixer_paths.xml (change mixer values 84 to some smaller numbers), but the file remains intact and an old version appears after every reboot. As for now, that is the biggest problem for me with Pro1.

• Like 1

In my experience, phone calls on Fxtec Pro1 are unreasonably quiet, and the volume keys don't seem to affect that. Speaker button helps a little, not much. Music player, SirenSong, has no problems - plays perfectly fine, can play loudly, and volume controls work. I think Android had quiet calls, too, but haven't tested music on it - installed Sailfish right away.

Thank you. Best wishes,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Per aspera ad astra...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Wikiwide said:

In my experience, phone calls on Fxtec Pro1 are unreasonably quiet, and the volume keys don't seem to affect that. Speaker button helps a little, not much. Music player, SirenSong, has no problems - plays perfectly fine, can play loudly, and volume controls work. I think Android had quiet calls, too, but haven't tested music on it - installed Sailfish right away.

Thank you. Best wishes,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Per aspera ad astra...

Strange, my is definitely too loud. I use generic firmware. Maybe I'll check SailFishOS sometime. Thanks for response.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, spam71 said:

Strange, my is definitely too loud.

You guys are comparing Sailfish with Android, behaviour is obviously going to be different. Most those audio issues are certainly just about software and driver adjustments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1