Weak Rear Camera Audio

Enjoying the phone very much just one last quirk that I hope gets addressed in the future: 

I noticed that the rear camera audio is very weak, I can barely hear anything in recorded videos and video chats people can barely hear me.  Front camera audio is fine, however, as is visual quality for both cameras. 

Wondering if this has anything to do with the high call volume? Is the mic gain switched for the mics or something?

I tried searching forums but nothing specifically referring to this. 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rear mic is not obstructed.  This issue has existed before I had a case and I made sure there was space to accommodate with the case.  

When recording video with the rear camera, the audio sounds like there is a very drastic drop off between myself holding the phone and sounds a little further away from me, much more so than any other recording device.  People a meter or 2 away are barely audible unless I crank the volume. 

• Thanks 1

I have experienced this too. I thought it was just my recording technique. Certainly I could hear myself very well speaking right next to the phone while holding it, but subjects further away are hard to hear. This is on Lineage. I assume, @adflau, you are on stock?

• Like 1
On 4/2/2020 at 7:42 PM, cinaeco said:

I have experienced this too. I thought it was just my recording technique. Certainly I could hear myself very well speaking right next to the phone while holding it, but subjects further away are hard to hear. This is on Lineage. I assume, @adflau, you are on stock?

Yes, running stock.

Yes I recorded a small concert like I often do (hey I like to keep memories lol, only indie shows of music I listen to at  home) and the focus wasn't incredible for starters, although that improved since switching camera app. So visually I have no complaints, but the audio recording has been poor across the board, even with a consistent sound it seems to want to keep switching the sensitivity up and down so that it drops in and out. As if it's trying too hard to tune in to a voice or something and just turning off all noise. And on speakerphone I often get people complaining so I switch to handheld.

Edited by Adrienspawn
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 9:33 AM, Craig said:

Ya seems like noise cancelling is trying too hard.

Or could the noise cancelling be reversed with the phone mic and rear mic.  It makes sense to have more aggressive noise cancelling when talking on the phone.

• Like 1