Hello,

If I order the phone to the Czech Republic, what company will deliver it to me?

I would like to avoid Czech Post (Česká pošta). I have found someone mentioning FedEx, which would be probably OK. But you don't seem to mention how you deliver the phone just now, to it might have changed.

1 hour ago, v6ak said:

If I order the phone to the Czech Republic, what company will deliver it to me?

I have received mine via FedEx but it was passed to a local courier here (Hungary) but definitively not came through Hungarian Post.

However, I don't know if anything has changed since it was before the COVID situation.

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually, the COVID-19 situation is the reason why I am asking. Even in standard times, Czech Post has not the best reputation – they sometimes pretend that you were not at home, so you have to go to the post office, wait and pick the package there. It is not so bad when delivering at company address, but that's not my option in the COVID-19 times.

During COVID-19 times, many private companies have implemented contactless delivery – the delivery man lays the package on floor, goes away and waits for you to pick it. The state-funded Czech Post has implemented their own version of “contactless” delivery – they behave as you were not at home, so you have to visit the post office. Sure, you are not in contact with the delivery man, but visiting the post office is far from contactless. When I heard this the first time, I considered it as a bad joke, but they seem to be serious about it.

As a result, the reasons for avoiding Czech Post got stronger.

Well, I could visit the post office (!) in order to get a P.O. box (and pay about 17 EUR for month). And I am also not sure if it can be used for packages like phone. But anyway, as getting a P.O.Box requires visiting the post office, it is not better than visiting the post office for getting the package itself.

10 minutes ago, v6ak said:

Well, I could visit the post office (!) in order to get a P.O. box (and pay about 17 EUR for month). And I am also not sure if it can be used for packages like phone. But anyway, as getting a P.O.Box requires visiting the post office, it is not better than visiting the post office for getting the package itself.

It is not quite the same. We got a system like the one @SchattengestaIt describes in Denmark too. And they have closed almost all post offices. And have a few shops do the supplement of the box-system. The idea could be described as shared post-boxes. We get a mail/sms that tell us we got a parcel, and it includes a one-time open code. You can also send parcels by buying the postage on line, and mark the parcel suitable (or use stamps), and put it in a free box.

• Like 1

@EskeRahn: You are probably right, it is likely a different kind of service. I just wanted to find the closest similar service of Czech Post. I am afraid that Czech Post provides no suitable service similar to this. IIRC, such service is provided by some private companies (maybe just for some specific eshops), but this does not help me if the phone is sent via Czech Post. Which is why I am asking.